London Banter

-   -   The Corpse in the Four Foot (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14705-corpse-four-foot.html)

Offramp January 1st 16 08:34 AM

The Corpse in the Four Foot

A body has been found in the four foot (the space between the running rails normally occupied by sleepers) at Westbourne Park.

Paddington has been closed and, as no driver has reported colliding with a human, become a scene-of-crime.

[email protected] January 1st 16 09:26 AM

The Corpse in the Four Foot

In article ,
(Offramp) wrote:

A body has been found in the four foot (the space between the running
rails normally occupied by sleepers) at Westbourne Park.

Paddington has been closed and, as no driver has reported colliding
with a human, become a scene-of-crime.

The line will be totally closed until 11:45 I read now on the NRE web site.
How utterly ridiculous that a multi-track main line can;t have any tracks
reopened by now!

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Roland Perry January 1st 16 09:37 AM

The Corpse in the Four Foot

In message , at
01:34:38 on Fri, 1 Jan 2016, Offramp remarked:
A body has been found in the four foot (the space between the running rails normally occupied by sleepers) at Westbourne Park.

Paddington has been closed and, as no driver has reported colliding with a human,

Although NRE is reporting:

A person has been hit by a train between London Paddington and
Ealing Broadway. This means that trains are currently unable to
run between London Paddington and Slough / Heathrow Airport.

become a scene-of-crime.

Someone jumped (or were they pushed) off Westway?

Roland Perry January 1st 16 09:45 AM

The Corpse in the Four Foot

In message , at 04:26:54
on Fri, 1 Jan 2016, remarked:

The line will be totally closed until 11:45 I read now on the NRE web site.

12:30 now.

How utterly ridiculous that a multi-track main line can;t have any tracks
reopened by now!

The H&C still seems to be running.

[email protected] January 1st 16 10:17 AM

The Corpse in the Four Foot

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
04:26:54 on Fri, 1 Jan 2016,
remarked:

The line will be totally closed until 11:45 I read now on the NRE web
site.

12:30 now.

Eek! This is getting silly!

How utterly ridiculous that a multi-track main line can't have any tracks
reopened by now!

The H&C still seems to be running.

Presumably because the body was found west of where the lines divide.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Roland Perry January 1st 16 11:00 AM

The Corpse in the Four Foot

In message , at 05:17:33
on Fri, 1 Jan 2016, remarked:

The line will be totally closed until 11:45 I read now on the NRE web
site.

12:30 now.

Eek! This is getting silly!

NRE hasn't caught up, but NR tweeted at about 11:30:

#LondonPaddington Lines are now open.

[email protected] January 1st 16 12:35 PM

The Corpse in the Four Foot

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
05:17:33 on Fri, 1 Jan 2016,
remarked:

The line will be totally closed until 11:45 I read now on the NRE web
site.

12:30 now.

Eek! This is getting silly!

NRE hasn't caught up, but NR tweeted at about 11:30:

#LondonPaddington Lines are now open.

Tweet at 11:25 referring people to NRE for details. As last updated at 12:18
NRE said some lines have reopened, 30 minutes delays until 13:45 and
Heathrow Connect suspended.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Offramp January 1st 16 12:43 PM

The Corpse in the Four Foot

There was also a suicide at 3:40am at Clapham North.

[email protected] January 1st 16 01:30 PM

The Corpse in the Four Foot

In article ,
() wrote:

In article ,
(Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message , at
05:17:33 on Fri, 1 Jan 2016,
remarked:

The line will be totally closed until 11:45 I read now on the NRE
web site.

12:30 now.

Eek! This is getting silly!

NRE hasn't caught up, but NR tweeted at about 11:30:

#LondonPaddington Lines are now open.

Tweet at 11:25 referring people to NRE for details. As last updated
at 12:18 NRE said some lines have reopened, 30 minutes delays until
13:45 and Heathrow Connect suspended.

And at 13:58 NRE tweeted that trains are now able to run normally.

--
Colin Rosenstiel