London Banter

-   -   London Bridge latest work (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14715-london-bridge-latest-work.html)

Basil Jet[_4_] January 4th 16 09:57 PM

London Bridge latest work

On 2016\01\04 22:56, Basil Jet wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVk8...ature=youtu.be

Apparently trains are now using the new viaduct over Borough High
Street. (Er... which is next to the old one).

Crossposted to u.t.l.

Robin9 January 5th 16 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basil Jet[_4_] (Post 152895)
On 2016\01\04 22:56, Basil Jet wrote:

Apparently trains are now using the new viaduct over Borough High
Street. (Er... which is next to the old one).

I've got some time off so I'll go and have a look. Maybe have
a ride too! Ah, that Freedom Pass . . .

Recliner[_3_] January 5th 16 01:05 PM

London Bridge latest work

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 09:50:47 +0100, Robin9
wrote:

'Basil Jet[_4_ Wrote:
;152895']On 2016\01\04 22:56, Basil Jet wrote:-

Apparently trains are now using the new viaduct over Borough High
Street. (Er... which is next to the old one).-

I've got some time off so I'll go and have a look. Maybe have
a ride too! Ah, that Freedom Pass . . .

I took a return trip over it this morning, and have posted a few
pictures taken through less-than-clean train windows:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/reclin...57663213445225

Basil Jet[_4_] January 5th 16 01:21 PM

London Bridge latest work

wrote:

'Basil Jet[_4_ Wrote:
;152895']On 2016\01\04 22:56, Basil Jet wrote:-

Apparently trains are now using the new viaduct over Borough High
Street. (Er... which is next to the old one).-

I've got some time off so I'll go and have a look. Maybe have
a ride too! Ah, that Freedom Pass . . .

I took a return trip over it this morning, and have posted a few
pictures taken through less-than-clean train windows:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/reclin...57663213445225

I guess the guys at the end of the timelapse were the graffiti artists
just applying the finishing touches.

Robin9 January 5th 16 04:37 PM

". . . the new Borough Viaduct, built to allow the segregation
of Charing Cross and Thameslink trains to London Bridge."

Does this mean all the Charing Cross trains will use the new
viaduct and the Thameslink trains heading for Blackfriars
and the Cannon Street trains will use the original one?

Recliner[_3_] January 5th 16 08:50 PM

London Bridge latest work

Robin9 wrote:

'Recliner[_3_ Wrote:
;152919']On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 09:50:47 +0100, Robin9
wrote:
-

'Basil Jet[_4_ Wrote: -
;152895']On 2016\01\04 22:56, Basil Jet wrote:-

Apparently trains are now using the new viaduct over Borough High
Street. (Er... which is next to the old one).-

-

I've got some time off so I'll go and have a look. Maybe have
a ride too! Ah, that Freedom Pass . . .-

I took a return trip over it this morning, and have posted a few
pictures taken through less-than-clean train windows:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/reclin...57663213445225

". . . the new Borough Viaduct, built to allow the segregation
of Charing Cross and Thameslink trains to London Bridge."

Does this mean all the Charing Cross trains will use the new
viaduct and the Thameslink trains heading for Blackfriars
and the Cannon Street trains will use the original one?

I think so, in normal circumstances. There will be links between both sets
of lines, presumably to help cope with disruption in London Bridge.

Basil Jet[_4_] January 5th 16 09:19 PM

London Bridge latest work

wrote:
-

'Basil Jet[_4_ Wrote: -
[...]

There's a track plan here.

http://www.londonreconnections.com/2...london-bridge/

It seems a little odd that there are four tracks and platforms through
Waterloo East, and four matching tracks at London Bridge, but only two
tracks connecting them.