London Banter

-   -   Raynes Park suicider ended up in the train cab (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14720-raynes-park-suicider-ended-up.html)

Basil Jet[_4_] January 5th 16 08:12 PM

Raynes Park suicider ended up in the train cab

Last July... didn't hear this at the time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-driver.html

Offramp January 6th 16 11:34 AM

On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 21:12:20 UTC, Basil Jet wrote:
Last July... didn't hear this at the time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-driver.html

The horror is unimaginable.

Someone Somewhere January 6th 16 11:45 AM

On 06/01/2016 12:34, Offramp wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 21:12:20 UTC, Basil Jet wrote:
Last July... didn't hear this at the time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-driver.html

The horror is unimaginable.

I don't know - I can certainly imagine it's utterly horrible and an
awful thing to happen, and therefore I would counter it is therefore
not unimaginable.

Roland Perry January 6th 16 12:10 PM

Raynes Park suicider ended up in the train cab

In message , at 12:45:42 on Wed, 6 Jan
2016, Someone Somewhere remarked:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-driver.html

The horror is unimaginable.

I don't know - I can certainly imagine it's utterly horrible and an
awful thing to happen, and therefore I would counter it is therefore
not unimaginable.

There's a USA-ian meme along the lines of "I can't imagine how bad
something is". But they don't mean they are incapable of imagining it,
rather it's almost "I can't imagine (as in realistically foresee) such a
bad thing happening within my locality".

Someone Somewhere January 6th 16 01:11 PM

On 06/01/2016 13:10, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 12:45:42 on Wed, 6 Jan
2016, Someone Somewhere remarked:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-driver.html

The horror is unimaginable.

I don't know - I can certainly imagine it's utterly horrible and an
awful thing to happen, and therefore I would counter it is therefore
not unimaginable.

There's a USA-ian meme along the lines of "I can't imagine how bad
something is". But they don't mean they are incapable of imagining it,
rather it's almost "I can't imagine (as in realistically foresee) such a
bad thing happening within my locality".

checks locality

Nope, still not in the USA...

Roland Perry January 6th 16 04:32 PM

Raynes Park suicider ended up in the train cab

In message , at 14:11:07 on Wed, 6 Jan
2016, Someone Somewhere remarked:
There's a USA-ian meme along the lines of "I can't imagine how bad
something is". But they don't mean they are incapable of imagining it,
rather it's almost "I can't imagine (as in realistically foresee) such a
bad thing happening within my locality".

checks locality

Nope, still not in the USA...

In other news, some USA-isms travel to the UK. Didn't they teach you
that in Globalization 101?

Offramp January 6th 16 07:59 PM

Raynes Park suicider ended up in the train cab

"The horror is gorgeous" would have been correct.

Someone Somewhere January 7th 16 07:25 AM

On 06/01/2016 17:32, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:11:07 on Wed, 6 Jan
2016, Someone Somewhere remarked:
There's a USA-ian meme along the lines of "I can't imagine how bad
something is". But they don't mean they are incapable of imagining it,
rather it's almost "I can't imagine (as in realistically foresee) such a
bad thing happening within my locality".

checks locality

Nope, still not in the USA...

In other news, some USA-isms travel to the UK. Didn't they teach you
that in Globalization 101?

My seat of education predates the USA so neither spells Globalisation
with a Zee nor offers "101" courses as an introduction to the subject
area....

Roland Perry January 7th 16 07:42 AM

Raynes Park suicider ended up in the train cab

In message , at 08:25:24 on Thu, 7 Jan
2016, Someone Somewhere remarked:
There's a USA-ian meme along the lines of "I can't imagine how bad
something is". But they don't mean they are incapable of imagining it,
rather it's almost "I can't imagine (as in realistically foresee) such a
bad thing happening within my locality".

checks locality

Nope, still not in the USA...

In other news, some USA-isms travel to the UK. Didn't they teach you
that in Globalization 101?

My seat of education predates the USA so neither spells Globalisation
with a Zee nor offers "101" courses as an introduction to the subject
area....

But the good news is you spotted those two USA-isms (which have
travelled to the UK) and know what they mean.

Basil Jet[_4_] January 7th 16 07:47 AM

On 2016\01\07 08:42, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:25:24 on Thu, 7 Jan
2016, Someone Somewhere remarked:
There's a USA-ian meme along the lines of "I can't imagine how bad
something is". But they don't mean they are incapable of imagining
it,
rather it's almost "I can't imagine (as in realistically foresee)
such a
bad thing happening within my locality".

checks locality

Nope, still not in the USA...

In other news, some USA-isms travel to the UK. Didn't they teach you
that in Globalization 101?

My seat of education predates the USA so neither spells Globalisation
with a Zee nor offers "101" courses as an introduction to the subject
area....

But the good news is you spotted those two USA-isms (which have
travelled to the UK) and know what they mean.

Even if he did spell Zed wrong!