London Banter

-   -   Night Strike... (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14731-night-strike.html)

Mizter T January 11th 16 08:53 PM

Night Strike...

"London Underground staff are to stage three 24-hour strikes and other
industrial action over pay and night Tubes.

The strikes by RMT, Aslef and Unite union members will start on the
evenings of 26 January, 15 February and 17 February."

---

Seems like LU have a bad case of the night Tubes...

[email protected] January 13th 16 08:48 AM

Night Strike...

On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 21:53:57 +0000
Mizter T wrote:

"London Underground staff are to stage three 24-hour strikes and other
industrial action over pay and night Tubes.

The strikes by RMT, Aslef and Unite union members will start on the
evenings of 26 January, 15 February and 17 February."

Lets hope Comrade Corbyn turns up to add support and so further alienates
normal voters. What a gift to the right than man is :)

--
Spud

Clive Page[_3_] January 13th 16 10:04 AM

Night Strike...

On 11/01/2016 21:53, Mizter T wrote:

"London Underground staff are to stage three 24-hour strikes and other
industrial action over pay and night Tubes.

I see that they don't want the tube to run for 24 hours a day, but they
are going on strike for 24 hours a day. Isn't there something of a
contradiction there? I wonder if they have negotiated properly with
their unions for 24 hours of strike pay each time :-)

--
Clive Page

Roland Perry January 13th 16 10:10 AM

Night Strike...

In message , at 11:04:21 on Wed, 13
Jan 2016, Clive Page remarked:
On 11/01/2016 21:53, Mizter T wrote:

"London Underground staff are to stage three 24-hour strikes and other
industrial action over pay and night Tubes.

I see that they don't want the tube to run for 24 hours a day, but they
are going on strike for 24 hours a day. Isn't there something of a
contradiction there? I wonder if they have negotiated properly with
their unions for 24 hours of strike pay each time :-)

Although we know that the strike actually has an effect for much more
than 24hrs - more like 36hrs.