London Banter

-   -   ELL closure (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14785-ell-closure.html)

eastender[_5_] February 16th 16 04:27 PM

ELL closure

On 2016-02-16 17:02:17 +0000, d said:

101 things I haven't even thought of.

You can say that again.

Roland Perry February 16th 16 06:37 PM

ELL closure

In message , at 17:02:17 on Tue, 16 Feb
2016, d remarked:

Given the cost and complexity of aircraft, the cost of maintaining them,
landing fees, fuel etc, you have to wonder exactly just how air is cheaper.

Because the only infrastructure which requires maintaining is the
airport at either end. The airspace maintains itself.

Thats a lot of infrastructure. I would imagine that in total complexity
Heathrow far exceeds the east or west coast mainlines. Control tower, radar,
ILS, baggage, runway & taxiways, hangers, underground fuel pipes, storage,
vehicles, security including fences, car parks, staff transport, commercial
premises, and probably 101 things I haven't even thought of.

Heathrow is complicated, but has about one flight a minute. Not many
long distance railways do.

Mizter T February 16th 16 10:21 PM

ELL closure

On 15/02/2016 12:06, d wrote:
I see the ELL is closed it for 9 days. I had my suspicions that it wasn't being
taken seriously as a transport link by TfL given its slow service and poor
timetable, and this rather proves it. Can you imagine any tube line being
closed for that many consecutive days now unless there had been a major
incident?

You're such a plonker.

[email protected] February 17th 16 08:21 AM

ELL closure

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 23:21:30 +0000
Mizter T wrote:
On 15/02/2016 12:06, d wrote:
I see the ELL is closed it for 9 days. I had my suspicions that it wasn't

being
taken seriously as a transport link by TfL given its slow service and poor
timetable, and this rather proves it. Can you imagine any tube line being
closed for that many consecutive days now unless there had been a major
incident?

You're such a plonker.

I'll take that as a complement, coming from the man who sets the benchmark
of it on here.

--
Spud

Recliner[_3_] February 17th 16 08:25 AM

ELL closure

Mizter T wrote:
On 15/02/2016 12:06, d wrote:
I see the ELL is closed it for 9 days. I had my suspicions that it wasn't

being
taken seriously as a transport link by TfL given its slow service and poor
timetable, and this rather proves it. Can you imagine any tube line being
closed for that many consecutive days now unless there had been a major
incident?

You're such a plonker.

I'll take that as a complement, coming from the man who sets the benchmark
of it on here.

A complement to what?

[email protected] February 17th 16 08:51 AM

ELL closure

Mizter T wrote:
On 15/02/2016 12:06, d wrote:
I see the ELL is closed it for 9 days. I had my suspicions that it wasn't
being
taken seriously as a transport link by TfL given its slow service and poor
timetable, and this rather proves it. Can you imagine any tube line being
closed for that many consecutive days now unless there had been a major
incident?

You're such a plonker.

I'll take that as a complement, coming from the man who sets the benchmark
of it on here.

A complement to what?

Not had your morning coffee yet?

--
Spud

Recliner[_3_] February 17th 16 08:51 AM

ELL closure

Mizter T wrote:
On 15/02/2016 12:06, d wrote:
I see the ELL is closed it for 9 days. I had my suspicions that it wasn't
being
taken seriously as a transport link by TfL given its slow service and poor
timetable, and this rather proves it. Can you imagine any tube line being
closed for that many consecutive days now unless there had been a major
incident?

You're such a plonker.

I'll take that as a complement, coming from the man who sets the benchmark
of it on here.

A complement to what?

Not had your morning coffee yet?

I realise that English clearly isn't your first, and perhaps not even your
second, language, so perhaps you should find a dictionary to discover what
complement means. Hint: it's not synonymous with compliment.

[email protected] February 17th 16 09:10 AM

ELL closure

Mizter T wrote:
On 15/02/2016 12:06, d wrote:
I see the ELL is closed it for 9 days. I had my suspicions that it wasn't
being
taken seriously as a transport link by TfL given its slow service and

poor
timetable, and this rather proves it. Can you imagine any tube line being
closed for that many consecutive days now unless there had been a major
incident?

You're such a plonker.

I'll take that as a complement, coming from the man who sets the benchmark
of it on here.

A complement to what?

Not had your morning coffee yet?

I realise that English clearly isn't your first, and perhaps not even your
second, language, so perhaps you should find a dictionary to discover what
complement means. Hint: it's not synonymous with compliment.

Oh clever old you, you spotted a spelling mistake. Pat yourself on the back
and be your usual smug self for the day.

--
Spud

Basil Jet[_4_] February 17th 16 09:11 AM

ELL closure

Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 23:21:30 +0000
Mizter T wrote:
On 15/02/2016 12:06,
d wrote:
[...]

I come here for the atmosphere!

Recliner[_3_] February 17th 16 09:23 AM

ELL closure

Mizter T wrote:
On 15/02/2016 12:06, d wrote:
[...]

From your previous answer, it quite obviously wasn't a spelling mistake.
You simply didn't know what the word meant. Have you now looked it up in a
dictionary, or asked an English-speaker what it means?