Old February 25th 16, 12:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Another bus for Dalston Junction?

I see the plans to redevelop Highbury roundabout will mean the 277 will
terminate at Dalston Junction. There will also be road closures onto
Kingsland Road (including ours - hurray) and reconfiguration of the
road and median layout.

The idea is also that more buses will be added to the 30, which is not
a great service.

E.

Old February 26th 16, 09:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2016-02-26 00:36:02 +0000, Paul Corfield said:

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 13:49:41 +0000, eastender
wrote:

I see the plans to redevelop Highbury roundabout will mean the 277 will
terminate at Dalston Junction. There will also be road closures onto
Kingsland Road (including ours - hurray) and reconfiguration of the
road and median layout.

The idea is also that more buses will be added to the 30, which is not
a great service.

That will be two extra peak direction only journeys on Mondays to
Fridays added to the 30. Meanwhile the section from Dalston to
Highbury will lose 9 buses an hour. God help people if the Overground
service ever falls over once the 277 has been chopped. No one will be
able to get on a bus. Another ridiculous proposal from TfL - I'm
beginning to wonder what they've put in the coffee and tea in the TfL
bus service planning department.

The better answer, if they must curtail the 277, is to extend the 263
in compensation through to Dalston. This would create new links from
Dalston up to Holloway, Archway and towards Finchley. The short bit
of the 263 up to Highbury Barn would be lost but that's no great loss.

The 277 is a good service and we often get it to Highbury as it's
easier than getting the train. I didn't realise the 30 proposal is so
poor.

I doubt they'll have the imagination to look at the 263.

E.