London Banter

-   -   Guess the subway map (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14815-guess-subway-map.html)

Basil Jet[_4_] March 3rd 16 01:31 PM

Guess the subway map

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...r-subway-maps/

I got 10/10, but there was a bit of guessing. I would have got 6/10
without looking at the 4 options.

Mizter T March 3rd 16 01:50 PM

Guess the subway map

On 03/03/2016 14:31, Basil Jet wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/01/16/quiz-can-you-name-these-cities-just-by-looking-at-their-subway-maps/

I got 10/10, but there was a bit of guessing. I would have got 6/10
without looking at the 4 options.

9/10 (without looking ahead). Afraid I made a silly mistake quickly
jumping to an erroneous Ringbahn conclusion...

Roland Perry March 3rd 16 02:01 PM

Guess the subway map

In message , at 14:31:58 on Thu, 3 Mar 2016,
Basil Jet remarked:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/.../quiz-can-you-
name-these-cities-just-by-looking-at-their-subway-maps/

I got 10/10, but there was a bit of guessing. I would have got 6/10
without looking at the 4 options.

I got 8/10 (should we really count no7) several of them because of the
coastline they were butting up to.

How many of the cities have you visited though, again it's 8/10 for me.

Many more maps he

http://www.noupe.com/inspiration/sho...erground-maps-
design-around-the-world.html

Jeremy Double March 3rd 16 05:33 PM

Guess the subway map

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Thu, 3 Mar 2016 14:31:58 +0000, Basil Jet
wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...r-subway-maps/

I got 10/10, but there was a bit of guessing. I would have got 6/10
without looking at the 4 options.

10/10 - pretty easy. The Guardian did a version of this quiz. I got
all those right too.

I got 9/10 on both the Washington Post quiz and the Guardian one:

http://www.theguardian.com/cities/20...ate-metro-maps

But I got 10/10 for identifying the station from the satellite photo:

http://www.theguardian.com/cities/20...atellite-image

--
Jeremy Double

tim... March 3rd 16 06:27 PM

Guess the subway map

wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...r-subway-maps/

I got 10/10, but there was a bit of guessing. I would have got 6/10
without looking at the 4 options.

10/10 - pretty easy. The Guardian did a version of this quiz. I got
all those right too.

I got 9/10 on both the Washington Post quiz and the Guardian one:

http://www.theguardian.com/cities/20...ate-metro-maps

But I got 10/10 for identifying the station from the satellite photo:

http://www.theguardian.com/cities/20...atellite-image

but you didn't get full marks for spotting that there were actually 12
questions :-(

They were bloody hard. I got 8 out of 12, but I only actually knew 4 of
them, the other 4 were just lucky guesses

tim

--
Jeremy Double

Jeremy Double March 3rd 16 09:03 PM

Guess the subway map

wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...r-subway-maps/

I got 10/10, but there was a bit of guessing. I would have got 6/10
without looking at the 4 options.

10/10 - pretty easy. The Guardian did a version of this quiz. I got
all those right too.

I got 9/10 on both the Washington Post quiz and the Guardian one:

http://www.theguardian.com/cities/20...ate-metro-maps

But I got 10/10 for identifying the station from the satellite photo:

http://www.theguardian.com/cities/20...atellite-image

but you didn't get full marks for spotting that there were actually 12
questions :-(

OK, 12/12, it was a couple of weeks since I did the quiz...

Of these, 4 were educated guesses (the dome in the bottom right of the
Florence picture was a good clue to question 4), I've travelled through
Liege to get from Germany to Brussels, and I've used the other 7 stations.
--
Jeremy Double

The Real Doctor March 7th 16 10:09 AM

Guess the subway map

On 03/03/16 14:31, Basil Jet wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...r-subway-maps/

I got 10/10, but there was a bit of guessing. I would have got 6/10
without looking at the 4 options.

One out of ten. Might have got more if I'd guessed any of the nine I
didn't know.

Ian

tim... March 7th 16 07:45 PM

Guess the subway map

"The Real Doctor" wrote in message
On 03/03/16 14:31, Basil Jet wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...r-subway-maps/

I got 10/10, but there was a bit of guessing. I would have got 6/10
without looking at the 4 options.

One out of ten. Might have got more if I'd guessed any of the nine I
didn't know.

presumably that 1 was London :-)

I got 9/10 by educated guessing, but I actually only knew 3 (plus one that I
remembered seeing in a guide book)

tim

Sam Wilson March 8th 16 04:08 PM

Guess the subway map

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...an-you-name-th
ese-cities-just-by-looking-at-their-subway-maps/

I got 10/10, but there was a bit of guessing. I would have got 6/10
without looking at the 4 options.

9/10 (without looking ahead). Afraid I made a silly mistake quickly
jumping to an erroneous Ringbahn conclusion...

7/10 but I'm surprised they didn't include Glasgow. Now there's a
Ringbahn for you. :-)

Sam

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

JNugent[_5_] March 12th 16 05:15 PM

Guess the subway map

On 03/03/2016 14:31, Basil Jet wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...r-subway-maps/

I got 10/10, but there was a bit of guessing. I would have got 6/10
without looking at the 4 options.

8/10.

I had no way of guessing the Asian ones. The Sydney map was fairly
instinctive.