London Banter

-   -   More Boris buses ordered (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14833-more-boris-buses-ordered.html)

Roy March 11th 16 03:04 PM

More Boris buses ordered

On Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 9:34:50 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Problems I have to agree. RMs were re-engined. I was assuming any used now
would have to be. Doors are just health and safety gone mad. The real
problem is that RMs aren't capable of driver-only operation. It's such a
pity that the FRM never went into production.

Northern General converted one of their "RMF"s to DOO by moving the driver's seat back and making a small window with ticket machine between the front bulkhead and the stairs. The idea was that the driver would swing around to issue tickets at stops. I don't know how successful it was. Not very I suspect.
--
Roy