London Banter

-   -   Oyster reader sighting (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1487-oyster-reader-sighting.html)

Clive D. W. Feather February 26th 04 04:21 PM

Oyster reader sighting

.... somewhere I didn't expect to see one: platform 9 at King's Cross
mainline station. I presume that this is to allow journeys from or via
Finsbury Park, but it's odd that only this platform has them.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:

TheOneKEA February 27th 04 01:50 PM

Oyster reader sighting

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote in message ...
... somewhere I didn't expect to see one: platform 9 at King's Cross
mainline station. I presume that this is to allow journeys from or via
Finsbury Park, but it's odd that only this platform has them.

There are validators on the Central/NR platforms at Stratford as well
- interestingly enough they are on both Central Line platforms, not
just the one that doesn't have the DLR platform next to it.

Brad

[email protected] February 27th 04 10:26 PM

Oyster reader sighting

On 27 Feb 2004 06:50:12 -0800, (TheOneKEA) wrote:

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote in message ...
... somewhere I didn't expect to see one: platform 9 at King's Cross
mainline station. I presume that this is to allow journeys from or via
Finsbury Park, but it's odd that only this platform has them.

There are validators on the Central/NR platforms at Stratford as well
- interestingly enough they are on both Central Line platforms, not
just the one that doesn't have the DLR platform next to it.

They are for interchange with First Great Eastern Trains.

TheOneKEA February 28th 04 09:54 AM

Oyster reader sighting

wrote in message . ..
On 27 Feb 2004 06:50:12 -0800,
(TheOneKEA) wrote:

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote in message ...
... somewhere I didn't expect to see one: platform 9 at King's Cross
mainline station. I presume that this is to allow journeys from or via
Finsbury Park, but it's odd that only this platform has them.

There are validators on the Central/NR platforms at Stratford as well
- interestingly enough they are on both Central Line platforms, not
just the one that doesn't have the DLR platform next to it.

They are for interchange with First Great Eastern Trains.

I figured that - problem is, there aren't very many, and their
presence may confuse LU users who want to change from the Central to
the Jubilee at Stratford.

Brad