Old February 26th 04, 07:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Thames Ships HMS Chrysanthemum & Discovery

Not entriely off topic as ships are a form of transport and I know
there are some knowledgeable people on this newsgroup.

Can anyone please tell me where the ships Chrysanthemum & Scotts
Antartic ship Discovery went to when they left their long time
moorings on the Victoria Embankment?

Nigel

Old February 26th 04, 07:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Can anyone please tell me where the ships Chrysanthemum & Scotts
Antartic ship Discovery went to when they left their long time
moorings on the Victoria Embankment?

http://www.rrsdiscovery.com/ will help you with the Discovery. She has gone
home to Dundee (via a spell in St Katherines Dock). I'd clean forgotten she
used to be in London.

Apparently HMS Chrysanthemum moved to the Medway and was scrapped in 1995
because she couldn't be made seaworthy.

Old February 26th 04, 08:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Nigel) wrote:

Can anyone please tell me where the ships Chrysanthemum & Scotts
Antartic ship Discovery went to when they left their long time
moorings on the Victoria Embankment?

Discovery is now moored in Dundee: where it was built.
http://www.rrsdiscovery.com/

I'm unaware of HMS Chrysanthemum's present wherabouts.

Old February 26th 04, 09:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

james007 wrote:

I'm unaware of HMS Chrysanthemum's present wherabouts.

Gillette's?