London Banter

-   -   CCTV Recordings (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14885-cctv-recordings.html)

CJB April 20th 16 01:22 PM

CCTV Recordings

Simple question - the CCTV on trains obviously captures video - but does it capture sound as well? Thank s- CJB

[email protected] April 20th 16 05:19 PM

CCTV Recordings

I don't think that's allowed in this country at the moment. There's a controversy in New Jersey now about NJ Transit recording audio on their light rail systems.

Neil Williams April 20th 16 05:24 PM

CCTV Recordings

On 2016-04-20 17:19:18 +0000, said:

I don't think that's allowed in this country at the moment. There's a
controversy in New Jersey now about NJ Transit recording audio on their
light rail systems.

I would certainly object most strongly to audio recording in public.

Neil
--
Neil Williams

burfordTjustice April 20th 16 05:53 PM

CCTV Recordings

On Wed, 20 Apr 2016 18:24:59 +0100
Neil Williams wrote:

I would certainly object most strongly to audio recording in public.

Neil

Why what have you got to hide?
Maybe the authorities might hear about an upcoming attack.
You are a subject the authorities know best.

Jarle Hammen Knudsen April 24th 16 06:23 PM

CCTV Recordings

Neil Williams wrote:

I would certainly object most strongly to audio recording in public.

Neil

Why what have you got to hide?

http://scholarship.law.gwu.edu/cgi/v...publi cations

'I've Got Nothing to Hide' and Other Misunderstandings of Privacy

--
jhk