London Banter

-   -   Lea Bridge station opening 15th May 2016 (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14889-lea-bridge-station-opening-15th.html)

Tim B April 21st 16 12:23 PM

Lea Bridge station opening 15th May 2016

Lea Bridge apparently opening on Sunday 15th May 2016. When's the first train?

Roland Perry April 21st 16 01:20 PM

Lea Bridge station opening 15th May 2016

In message , at
05:23:05 on Thu, 21 Apr 2016, Tim B
..uk remarked:
Lea Bridge apparently opening on Sunday 15th May 2016. When's the first train?

2018 (the time, not the year!)

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/sear...05/15/0000-235
9?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

Presumably it's bustituted earlier in the day.

[email protected] April 21st 16 01:50 PM

Lea Bridge station opening 15th May 2016

In article ,
(Tim B) wrote:

Lea Bridge apparently opening on Sunday 15th May 2016. When's the
first train?

Hmm. Not in Table 22. I would have thought it should be.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

[email protected] April 21st 16 01:59 PM

Lea Bridge station opening 15th May 2016

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/sear.../0000-2359?stp
=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

Presumably it's bustituted earlier in the day.

I see one is from Cambridge. Does that mean all Cambridge/Bishop's
Stortford-Stratford trains will call?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Roland Perry April 21st 16 02:04 PM

Lea Bridge station opening 15th May 2016

In message , at 08:59:00
on Thu, 21 Apr 2016, remarked:
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/LEB/2016/05/15/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

Presumably it's bustituted earlier in the day.

I see one is from Cambridge. Does that mean all Cambridge/Bishop's
Stortford-Stratford trains will call?

It appears there's only one a day of the former, the latter "yes":

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/sear...BIS/to/SRA/201
6/05/16/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

[email protected] April 21st 16 03:09 PM

Lea Bridge station opening 15th May 2016

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at 08:59:00
on Thu, 21 Apr 2016,
remarked:

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/sear...5/0000-2359?st

p=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

Presumably it's bustituted earlier in the day.

I see one is from Cambridge. Does that mean all Cambridge/Bishop's
Stortford-Stratford trains will call?

It appears there's only one a day of the former, the latter "yes":

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/sear...o/SRA/2016/05/
16/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

Looks like only one call a week by a train from Cambridge, at 2304 on Sunday.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Robin9 April 21st 16 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim B (Post 155069)
Lea Bridge apparently opening on Sunday 15th May 2016. When's the first train?

I live in Leyton and by an amazing coincidence, I'm taking
that week off work. I'll give my Freedom Pass a few runs on
the service. (I still think the station is going to be a white
elephant)

Christopher Jolly[_2_] April 21st 16 05:12 PM

On Thursday, 21 April 2016 13:23:07 UTC+1, Tim B wrote:
Lea Bridge apparently opening on Sunday 15th May 2016. When's the first train?

I've noticed there doesn't seem to be any sign of ticket barriers going in at the new Lea Bridge station. There doesn't seem to be any form of building shelter to accommodate them.

Trust me, as a local to Waltham Forest, give the local population scum an open station and they'll milk it for all its' worth...

---
Schnuzelbug

(Waltham Forest resident who thinks the borough's an absolute ********)

Peter Smyth[_3_] April 21st 16 09:58 PM

Lea Bridge station opening 15th May 2016

wrote:

In article ,
(Tim B) wrote:

Lea Bridge apparently opening on Sunday 15th May 2016. When's the
first train?

Hmm. Not in Table 22. I would have thought it should be.

If you're looking at the Dec 2015 timetable that is not surprising. The
May 2016 timetable is not yet up on the Network Rail site.

Peter Smyth