London Banter

-   -   Tomorrow The Dreaded Marathon (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14891-tomorrow-dreaded-marathon.html)

Offramp April 23rd 16 01:37 PM

Tomorrow The Dreaded Marathon

Travelling around Central London by public transport is kiboshed tomorrow owing to that ****ing Snickers ****.

Mizter T April 23rd 16 01:57 PM

On 23/04/2016 14:37, Offramp wrote:
Travelling around Central London by public transport is kiboshed
tomorrow owing to that ****ing Snickers ****.

The London Marathon is a fantastic event, I really mean that. If anyone
hasn't ever gone along to spectate properly then I'd highly recommend
it, it's actually quite moving.

Public transport remains is in operation tomorrow of course, but buses
will be significantly disrupted. But rail, subterranean or otherwise, is
the way to go.

Robin9 April 23rd 16 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Offramp (Post 155110)
Travelling around Central London by public transport is kiboshed tomorrow owing to that ****ing Snickers ****.

A somewhat feverish attitude, surely? I have no interest in
the London Marathon but I'm quite happy for others to enjoy it.

As far as disrupting bus services is concerned, I've always felt
buses should be run for the benefit of London. I've never believed
London should be run for the benefit of buses which of course was
the policy of Ken Livingstone and TfL.

[email protected] April 23rd 16 09:18 PM

In article , (Mizter T) wrote:

On 23/04/2016 14:37, Offramp wrote:
Travelling around Central London by public transport is kiboshed
tomorrow owing to that ****ing Snickers ****.

The London Marathon is a fantastic event, I really mean that. If
anyone hasn't ever gone along to spectate properly then I'd highly
recommend it, it's actually quite moving.

Public transport remains is in operation tomorrow of course, but
buses will be significantly disrupted. But rail, subterranean or
otherwise, is the way to go.

Just as well we went to the LT Museum Depot open day today! Mind you, the GN
and Piccadilly Line to Acton Town will still be working tomorrow.

--
Colin Rosenstiel