London Banter

-   -   North Greenwich oddity (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1492-north-greenwich-oddity.html)

Robin May February 27th 04 11:24 PM

North Greenwich oddity

I was on the Jubilee line this evening coming home eastbound from
London Bridge. The train was terminating at Stratford and Between
Canary Wharf and North Greenwich, the driver made a confused sounding
announcement saying that we'd be stopping in platform 2 (the platform
where trains normally terminate) but the train would call all stations
to Stratford, and that he didn't know why. Is this as unusual as I
think, and if so does anyone know why it happened?

--
message by Robin May, enforcer of sod's law.
MMR vaccine? I'll take mine triple strength with Red Bull please.

I once heard some Americans arguing about whether it's the Dark Blue
line or the Purple line. It's the Piccadilly line!

TheOneKEA February 28th 04 09:56 AM

North Greenwich oddity

Robin May wrote in message .4...
I was on the Jubilee line this evening coming home eastbound from
London Bridge. The train was terminating at Stratford and Between
Canary Wharf and North Greenwich, the driver made a confused sounding
announcement saying that we'd be stopping in platform 2 (the platform
where trains normally terminate) but the train would call all stations
to Stratford, and that he didn't know why. Is this as unusual as I
think, and if so does anyone know why it happened?

Broken doors at Platform 1/3? IIRC the PSDs on the EJL regularly broke
when the EJL was first opened to full service (read this somewhere on
this newsgroup).

Brad

David Splett February 28th 04 04:03 PM

North Greenwich oddity

"TheOneKEA" wrote in message
Broken doors at Platform 1/3? IIRC the PSDs on the EJL regularly broke
when the EJL was first opened to full service (read this somewhere on
this newsgroup).

Sounds possible; though other possibilities include the presence of a
defective train in the eastbound platform, a driver-change problem (North
Greenwich is one the Jubilee Line's crew depots), or a signalling problem.

The same thing occasionally happens at Arnos Grove, and (even more
occasionally) Golders Green.

james007 February 29th 04 05:10 PM

North Greenwich oddity

In article , (David
Splett) wrote:

The same thing occasionally happens at Arnos Grove, and (even more
occasionally) Golders Green.

There isn't a "platform where trains normally terminate" in Arnos Grove;
however, it's certainly true that when trains do terminate, they
normally do so in the middle platform.

I've shot through the station on both platforms 1 and 2.