London Banter

-   -   Exciting Day Ahead for Brighton Commuters? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14975-exciting-day-ahead-brighton-commuters.html)

D A Stocks[_2_] June 20th 16 07:50 AM

Exciting Day Ahead for Brighton Commuters?

http://www.juicebrighton.com/news/br...ton-commuters/

"There is good news for commuters travelling out of Brighton station as the
first Class 700 Thameslink service makes its maiden journey.
The 10:02am departure from the city to London Bridge on Monday (June 20th)
will allow passengers to get a first glimpse of the future of train travel
between Brighton and Bedford."

--
DAS

Scott June 20th 16 09:17 AM

Exciting Day Ahead for Brighton Commuters?

On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 08:50:21 +0100, "D A Stocks"
wrote:

http://www.juicebrighton.com/news/br...ton-commuters/

"There is good news for commuters travelling out of Brighton station as the
first Class 700 Thameslink service makes its maiden journey.
The 10:02am departure from the city to London Bridge on Monday (June 20th)
will allow passengers to get a first glimpse of the future of train travel
between Brighton and Bedford."

Assuming the train crew turn up, from what I read.

Recliner[_3_] June 20th 16 09:19 AM

wrote:

http://www.juicebrighton.com/news/br...ton-commuters/

"There is good news for commuters travelling out of Brighton station as the
first Class 700 Thameslink service makes its maiden journey.
The 10:02am departure from the city to London Bridge on Monday (June 20th)
will allow passengers to get a first glimpse of the future of train travel
between Brighton and Bedford."

Assuming the train crew turn up, from what I read.

I thought the mysterious DOO flu was only affecting SN, not TL crew?

D A Stocks[_2_] June 20th 16 09:24 AM

wrote:

http://www.juicebrighton.com/news/br...ton-commuters/

"There is good news for commuters travelling out of Brighton station as
the
first Class 700 Thameslink service makes its maiden journey.
The 10:02am departure from the city to London Bridge on Monday (June 20th)
will allow passengers to get a first glimpse of the future of train travel
between Brighton and Bedford."

Assuming the train crew turn up, from what I read.

The service is running - currently 4 minutes late. Don't know if the class
700 rolling stock turned up.
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/trai...06/20/advanced

Thameslink services (which are all DOO) seem to be more reliable than
Southern, and should not be affected by the conductor's strike tomorrow.

--
DAS

[email protected] June 20th 16 10:16 AM

Exciting Day Ahead for Brighton Commuters?

In article , (D A Stocks)
wrote:

http://www.juicebrighton.com/news/br...g-day-ahead-fo
r-brighton-commuters/

"There is good news for commuters travelling out of Brighton station
as the first Class 700 Thameslink service makes its maiden journey.
The 10:02am departure from the city to London Bridge on Monday (June
20th) will allow passengers to get a first glimpse of the future of
train travel between Brighton and Bedford."

And the people slating GTR for their service problems say no new investment
is being made!

--
Colin Rosenstiel

[email protected] June 20th 16 10:49 AM

Exciting Day Ahead for Brighton Commuters?

On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 09:19:52 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Scott wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 08:50:21 +0100, "D A Stocks"
wrote:

http://www.juicebrighton.com/news/br...day-ahead-for-
righton-commuters/

"There is good news for commuters travelling out of Brighton station as the
first Class 700 Thameslink service makes its maiden journey.
The 10:02am departure from the city to London Bridge on Monday (June 20th)
will allow passengers to get a first glimpse of the future of train travel
between Brighton and Bedford."

Assuming the train crew turn up, from what I read.

I thought the mysterious DOO flu was only affecting SN, not TL crew?

The RMT never let a good excuse for a strike or work to rule go by. No doubt
they'll find something about the 700s they don't like at some point.

--
Spud

Roland Perry June 20th 16 12:05 PM

Exciting Day Ahead for Brighton Commuters?

In message , at 08:50:21 on Mon, 20 Jun
2016, D A Stocks remarked:
http://www.juicebrighton.com/news/br...citing-day-ahe
ad-for-brighton-commuters/

"There is good news for commuters travelling out of Brighton station as
the first Class 700 Thameslink service makes its maiden journey.
The 10:02am departure from the city to London Bridge on Monday (June
20th) will allow passengers to get a first glimpse of the future of
train travel between Brighton and Bedford."

Wow, they've just crept in under the wire because the most recent
deadline was "end of Spring".

[email protected] June 20th 16 01:07 PM

On 20.06.16 13:05, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:50:21 on Mon, 20 Jun
2016, D A Stocks remarked:
http://www.juicebrighton.com/news/br...citing-day-ahe
ad-for-brighton-commuters/

"There is good news for commuters travelling out of Brighton station
as the first Class 700 Thameslink service makes its maiden journey.
The 10:02am departure from the city to London Bridge on Monday (June
20th) will allow passengers to get a first glimpse of the future of
train travel between Brighton and Bedford."

Wow, they've just crept in under the wire because the most recent
deadline was "end of Spring".

I heard mid-May was the original date for maiden voyage.

[email protected] June 20th 16 02:05 PM

In article , () wrote:

On 20.06.16 13:05, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:50:21 on Mon, 20
Jun
2016, D A Stocks remarked:

http://www.juicebrighton.com/news/br...g-day-ahead-fo
r-brighton-commuters/

"There is good news for commuters travelling out of Brighton station
as the first Class 700 Thameslink service makes its maiden journey.
The 10:02am departure from the city to London Bridge on Monday (June
20th) will allow passengers to get a first glimpse of the future of
train travel between Brighton and Bedford."

Wow, they've just crept in under the wire because the most recent
deadline was "end of Spring".

I heard mid-May was the original date for maiden voyage.

I think Roland was pointing out that Midsummer Day might just count as "end
of Spring".

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Roland Perry June 20th 16 03:31 PM

Exciting Day Ahead for Brighton Commuters?

In message , at 14:07:18 on Mon, 20 Jun
2016, " remarked:

Wow, they've just crept in under the wire because the most recent
deadline was "end of Spring".

I heard mid-May was the original date for maiden voyage.

They also said we'd start having Electrostars to Kings Lynn in Q2, only
ten days left!