London Banter

-   -   OOC plan to be reviewed by City Hall (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14978-ooc-plan-reviewed-city-hall.html)

Recliner[_3_] June 23rd 16 03:28 PM

OOC plan to be reviewed by City Hall

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3278981.html

Robin9 June 24th 16 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recliner[_3_] (Post 156503)

I suppose it was inevitable that sooner or later Sadiq Khan
would do something that meets my approval. So, well done
Mr. Mayor, you've shown good judgement.

Mizter T June 26th 16 09:05 PM

OOC plan to be reviewed by City Hall

On 23/06/2016 16:28, Recliner wrote:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/-a3278981.html

Given events, I'd be in no certainty that HS2 is going to go ahead, and
the OOC development plans are tied in with that. Plus of course there's
the general economic uncertainty, or at least the distinct possibility
of such an atmosphere, which might mean little happens on such projects
for the next few years anyway. But nonetheless getting the framework
right for it is a good idea.

Recliner[_3_] June 26th 16 09:24 PM

Mizter T wrote:

On 23/06/2016 16:28, Recliner wrote:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/-a3278981.html

Given events, I'd be in no certainty that HS2 is going to go ahead, and
the OOC development plans are tied in with that. Plus of course there's
the general economic uncertainty, or at least the distinct possibility
of such an atmosphere, which might mean little happens on such projects
for the next few years anyway. But nonetheless getting the framework
right for it is a good idea.

One thing that is very likely to change is the airport expansion plans. We
may have less need for airport expansion with the reduced economic growth
that is now likely, but in any case, if it's PM Boris, Heathrow won't be
getting the third runway (whereas Cameron/Osborne were probably all set to
approve it).

Osborne is the main proponent for the Northern Hub and HS3. Assuming he's
no longer the chancellor, and the tax revenues to pay for the rail
investment are in shorter supply, we can expect a slowdown there, too.

Eurostar may need additional Brussels services for the next three or four
years, but much less after that.

Roland Perry June 27th 16 06:49 AM

OOC plan to be reviewed by City Hall

In message
-septe
mber.org, at 21:24:21 on Sun, 26 Jun 2016, Recliner
remarked:

Eurostar may need additional Brussels services for the next three or four
years, but much less after that.

I'm going to assume that's a metaphor (which I would agree with) but
with a current load factor of around 60% they won't actually need any
more trains on the route.