London Banter

-   -   Looking for Irreverent Nickname for Elizabeth Line (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15069-looking-irreverent-nickname-elizabeth-line.html)

Offramp August 24th 16 06:17 PM

Looking for Irreverent Nickname for Elizabeth Line

I have never really liked the queen and I was annoyed that Crossrail is going to be named after her. What has she ever done?

So I am looking for a disrespectful way of referring to the Elizabeth Line while still being understood. I suppose Liz Line will be popular, along with Lizzy Line and Betty Line.

What was that name Private Eye gave her? I might use that.

Richard[_3_] August 24th 16 06:37 PM

Looking for Irreverent Nickname for Elizabeth Line

On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 11:17:45 -0700 (PDT), Offramp
wrote:

I have never really liked the queen and I was annoyed that Crossrail is going to be named after her. What has she ever done?

So I am looking for a disrespectful way of referring to the Elizabeth Line while still being understood. I suppose Liz Line will be popular, along with Lizzy Line and Betty Line.

What was that name Private Eye gave her? I might use that.

The Brenda line!

Richard.

Basil Jet[_4_] August 24th 16 07:31 PM

On 2016\08\24 19:17, Offramp wrote:
I have never really liked the queen and I was annoyed that Crossrail is going to be named after her. What has she ever done?

So I am looking for a disrespectful way of referring to the Elizabeth Line while still being understood. I suppose Liz Line will be popular, along with Lizzy Line and Betty Line.

What was that name Private Eye gave her? I might use that.

It will be the only "tube" line with proper air-con,
so I'm calling it Unsweaty Betty.

Offramp August 24th 16 07:52 PM

On Wednesday, 24 August 2016 20:31:56 UTC+1, Basil Jet wrote:

It will be the only "tube" line with proper air-con,
so I'm calling it Unsweaty Betty.

It's very Ian Dury-ish!

e27002 aurora August 25th 16 07:36 AM

Looking for Irreverent Nickname for Elizabeth Line

wrote:

I have never really liked the queen and I was annoyed that Crossrail is going to be named after her. What has she ever done?

So I am looking for a disrespectful way of referring to the Elizabeth Line while still being understood. I suppose Liz Line will be popular, along with Lizzy Line and Betty Line.

What was that name Private Eye gave her? I might use that.

The Brenda line!

Richard.

Her Majesty has served her Country, and the Commonwealth, tirelessly
her entire life. What in the world has "offramp" done?

No doubt it will become the "Lizzy Line". The alliteration (look it
up offramp) is unavoidable.

Robin9 August 25th 16 09:15 AM

[quote=Offramp;157709]I have never really liked the queen and I was annoyed that Crossrail is going to be named after her. What has she ever done?

So I am looking for a disrespectful way of referring to the Elizabeth Line while still being understood. QUOTE]

Have you ever heard of good manners?

The fact that you don't like someone you have never met
does not entitle you to show disrespect. That you want to
show disrespect does not cast you in a good light.

Offramp August 25th 16 11:42 AM

On Thursday, 25 August 2016 08:36:13 UTC+1, e27002 wrote:

No doubt it will become the "Lizzy Line". The alliteration (look it
up offramp) is unavoidable.

You have given me a great idea! The Shizzle Line! A cross between **** and LIZZIE.
Thanks.

[email protected] August 25th 16 12:04 PM

On 24.08.16 20:31, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2016\08\24 19:17, Offramp wrote:
I have never really liked the queen and I was annoyed that Crossrail
is going to be named after her. What has she ever done?

So I am looking for a disrespectful way of referring to the Elizabeth
Line while still being understood. I suppose Liz Line will be popular,
along with Lizzy Line and Betty Line.

What was that name Private Eye gave her? I might use that.

It will be the only "tube" line with proper air-con,
so I'm calling it Unsweaty Betty.

What about the Lizzy?

Offramp August 25th 16 12:47 PM

Looking for Irreverent Nickname for Elizabeth Line

e27002 has made a superb suggestion, The SHIZZLE Line. It's a cross of **** and LIZZIE.
That'll do for me, Tommy!

e27002 aurora August 25th 16 03:03 PM

Looking for Irreverent Nickname for Elizabeth Line

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 11:15:37 +0200, Robin9
wrote:

Offramp;157709 Wrote:
I have never really liked the queen and I was annoyed that Crossrail is
going to be named after her. What has she ever done?

So I am looking for a disrespectful way of referring to the Elizabeth
Line while still being understood. QUOTE]

Have you ever heard of good manners?

The fact that you don't like someone you have never met
does not entitle you to show disrespect. That you want to
show disrespect does not cast you in a good light.

Thank you Robin. I could not have said it better.