London Banter

-   -   There's Only a 10-Mile Hidden Monorail Under London (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15146-theres-only-10-mile-hidden.html)

[email protected] October 15th 16 03:05 PM

There's Only a 10-Mile Hidden Monorail Under London

I at first thought that this was another civilian writing about Mail
Rail, though it appears as though this line actually exists.

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2016/10/the...-under-london/

https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/201...-north-london/

Graham Nye October 16th 16 03:48 PM

On 2016-10-15 16:05, wrote:
I at first thought that this was another civilian writing about Mail
Rail, though it appears as though this line actually exists.

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2016/10/the...-under-london/

https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/201...-north-london/

Interesting. Thanks.

--
Graham Nye
news(a)thenyes.org.uk

Offramp October 16th 16 04:47 PM

There's Only a 10-Mile Hidden Monorail Under London

Yes. Very interesting.

CJB November 23rd 16 02:54 PM

On Saturday, 15 October 2016 16:05:58 UTC+1, wrote:
I at first thought that this was another civilian writing about Mail
Rail, though it appears as though this line actually exists.

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2016/10/the...-under-london/

https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/201...-north-london/

Great info. - thank you.

There's another 'secret' underground railway for the local Electricity Company - but in Auckland, NZ.

This is from the Auckland episode 11 of the railway documentary series "Off The Rails" (well worth seeing too).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aueqKCvwMnM

[email protected] November 23rd 16 05:01 PM

On 23.11.16 15:54, CJB wrote:
On Saturday, 15 October 2016 16:05:58 UTC+1, wrote:
I at first thought that this was another civilian writing about Mail
Rail, though it appears as though this line actually exists.

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2016/10/the...-under-london/

https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/201...-north-london/

Great info. - thank you.

There's another 'secret' underground railway for the local Electricity Company - but in Auckland, NZ.

This is from the Auckland episode 11 of the railway documentary series "Off The Rails" (well worth seeing too).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aueqKCvwMnM

You could also go to Pyongyang or Bucharest, which also reportedly have
secret metro lines, though I doubt anybody will let you see them in
either place.