Old November 23rd 16, 09:00 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Wolmar for MP

On 23/11/2016 09:47, d wrote:
On Tue, 22 Nov 2016 20:57:44 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On 22.11.16 18:30, Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 22/11/2016 09:45,
d SubjectReWolmar for MP wrote:

Remind us what is it you do for a living? Oh thats right, nothing, you're
"retired". But you fly halfway around the world to watch trains

To me, that sounds like doing things right.

Must agree with you, Arthur. Anyway, it sounds like Recliner visits the
places that he does in order to see them for what they are -- the trains
are just an added bonus.

That's right. In fact, only two of the four long haul holidays I have
planned in 2017 involve trains at all; I'm certainly not expecting to see
any in the Antarctic, the South Shetland islands, Falkland and South
Georgia. If I have time, I'll try and visit this one, but it's currently

Four long haul? Yes, better hurry along to antartica before your travel
patterns help to melt it. Still, you'll probably be dead long before that
happens so what do you care.

This month I've eaten at five Michelin starred restaurants. But Spud
wouldn't have liked them as they were all abroad and served foreign food.
And I had to fly there.

Who needs to go abroad for foreign food when in multi culti rainbow diversity
inclusive London one can find decent food of pretty much any nationality.
Except British of course, good luck finding a decent carvery or even decent
pub grub in central london.

Isn't the carvery an American institution?

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old November 23rd 16, 09:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Recliner wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I realise you don't try and keep up with the news, but try reading this:
http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/20...warming-world/

This month I've eaten at five Michelin starred restaurants. But Spud
wouldn't have liked them as they were all abroad and served foreign food.
And I had to fly there.

Who needs to go abroad for foreign food when in multi culti rainbow diversity
inclusive London one can find decent food of pretty much any nationality.
Except British of course, good luck finding a decent carvery or even decent
pub grub in central london.

Why would I want to?

So, yes, it's nice to be retired and able to travel around the world in
luxury, without worrying about the cost. I'd have been horrified to earn as
little as Spud does when I was working, and I didn't have to write boring
programs to do it.

Earning millions were we? Good for you. Odd you still hang around here tho,
would have thought you'd be on your yacht in the med sipping cocktails
surrounded by some hired bimbos.

I don't share your aspirations, but luckily I can afford mine.

Old November 23rd 16, 09:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Recliner wrote:
wrote:

Four long haul? Yes, better hurry along to antartica before your travel
patterns help to melt it. Still, you'll probably be dead long before that
happens so what do you care.

I realise you don't try and keep up with the news, but try reading this:
http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/20...et-growing-in-
-warming-world/

More heat = more precipitation = more snow. Of course that only works until the
temp goes above freezing. Did you know the air temperatures in the Arctic are
currently TWENTY degrees C above normal?

https://www.ft.com/content/728edc40-...c-f4a01f1b0fa1

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...y-hot-arctic-t
emperatures-alarm-scientists

Earning millions were we? Good for you. Odd you still hang around here tho,
would have thought you'd be on your yacht in the med sipping cocktails
surrounded by some hired bimbos.

I don't share your aspirations, but luckily I can afford mine.

Lots of money and no aspiration. Do you live in essex by any chance?

--
Spud

Old November 24th 16, 05:45 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 23/11/2016 09:47, d wrote:

Odd you still hang around here tho,
would have thought you'd be on your yacht in the med sipping cocktails
surrounded by some hired bimbos.

Who do you know he isn't?

*looks around*

Nope, you are right, I can't see him on board.
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Old November 25th 16, 08:33 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 19:27:01 +0000
Sam Wilson wrote:
In article ,
"Michael R N Dolbear" wrote:

d wrote

Well that's the kids of a lot of service-men scuppered then despite them
having British passports.

British forces bases abroad are British sovereign terrority, so no, they
aren't.

Only Cyprus I think, hence the large number of natural born Brits with place
of birth, Germany, that confuses the UKIP.

My wife has a birth certificate from the Ministry of Ag and Fish, Malta.

Ministry of Agriculture? Was she born in a barn?

--
Spud