London Banter

-   -   Who's Taking The Piscator? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15184-whos-taking-piscator.html)

Offramp November 30th 16 12:32 PM

Who's Taking The Piscator?

There is a big lump of aluminium at Euston that everyone is refusing to take ownership of. It depicts a rabbit sleeping under a game of Tetris. It is by the same Scottish geezer who did those clever pictures made of tiny tiles at Tottenham Court Road.

The huge lump of aluminium is titled Piscator and it is rotting, apparently. I didn't know that aluminium rotted, I thought it - dissociated? Sublimated?

There is another similar object at Pimlico; I believe that one depicts the inside of the head of the robot from Lost In Space.

https://www.theguardian.com/artandde...ants-to-own-it

Recliner[_3_] November 30th 16 12:47 PM

Who's Taking The Piscator?

On Wed, 30 Nov 2016 05:32:06 -0800 (PST), Offramp
wrote:

There is a big lump of aluminium at Euston that everyone is refusing to take ownership of. It depicts a rabbit sleeping under a game of Tetris. It is by the same Scottish geezer who did those clever pictures made of tiny tiles at Tottenham Court Road.

The huge lump of aluminium is titled Piscator and it is rotting, apparently. I didn't know that aluminium rotted, I thought it - dissociated? Sublimated?

This might be a clue:
"A hybrid of mechanical and organic shapes, it is made from cast iron
with an aluminium finish".

Theo[_2_] December 1st 16 11:54 AM

Who's Taking The Piscator?

Recliner wrote:
This might be a clue:
"A hybrid of mechanical and organic shapes, it is made from cast iron
with an aluminium finish".

That's a rather expensive 1.24 volt battery.

Theo

Graham Murray December 1st 16 12:47 PM

Who's Taking The Piscator?

Theo writes:

Recliner wrote:
This might be a clue:
"A hybrid of mechanical and organic shapes, it is made from cast iron
with an aluminium finish".

That's a rather expensive 1.24 volt battery.

Especially if an electrolyte consisting of the first three letters of
the name with the third letter repeated is added.