Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 6th 16, 09:20 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London
Default Oxford to Cambridge rail route.

We have some Cambridge residents here plus numerous
railway enthusiasts. As part of a speech about returning
responsibility for track maintenance and improvement to
train operators . . .
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/...cid=spartandhp

. . . a suggestion was made that the line between Bedford
and Cambridge might also be rebuilt. I've been told that part
of the right-of-way was lost decades ago when new buildings
were constructed across the trackbed.

Is this feasible? Does the Minister know something nobody
else knows?