London Banter

-   -   Blue Lights (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15204-blue-lights.html)

[email protected] December 14th 16 02:14 AM

Blue Lights

Hello,

I saw on a moving 96ts the other day that one of the rail cars had a
blue light on.

The interesting thing was that the train did not extend its dwell time
beyond what would be normal.

Does the blue light indicate a door fault? I'm guessing, were that the
case, that the line controller ordered the driver to engage the
interlocking. But even if there was a door fault, would not the line
controller have ordered the driver to dump the load?

I saw this train during non-peak hours, BTW.

Basil Jet[_4_] December 14th 16 05:41 AM

Blue Lights

On 2016\12\14 03:14, wrote:
Hello,

I saw on a moving 96ts the other day that one of the rail cars had a
blue light on.

The interesting thing was that the train did not extend its dwell time
beyond what would be normal.

Does the blue light indicate a door fault? I'm guessing, were that the
case, that the line controller ordered the driver to engage the
interlocking. But even if there was a door fault, would not the line
controller have ordered the driver to dump the load?

I saw this train during non-peak hours, BTW.

I think it means it's a de-icing train.

Jarle Hammen Knudsen December 14th 16 02:23 PM

Blue Lights

On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 03:14:51 +0000, "
wrote:

Hello,

I saw on a moving 96ts the other day that one of the rail cars had a
blue light on.

The interesting thing was that the train did not extend its dwell time
beyond what would be normal.

Does the blue light indicate a door fault? I'm guessing, were that the
case, that the line controller ordered the driver to engage the
interlocking. But even if there was a door fault, would not the line
controller have ordered the driver to dump the load?

I saw this train during non-peak hours, BTW.

http://www.version3point1.co.uk/blog.../6/seeing-blue

But why is the light necessary and whom is it intended for?

--
jhk

[email protected] December 14th 16 02:25 PM

Blue Lights

On 14/12/2016 06:41, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2016\12\14 03:14, wrote:
Hello,

I saw on a moving 96ts the other day that one of the rail cars had a
blue light on.

The interesting thing was that the train did not extend its dwell time
beyond what would be normal.

Does the blue light indicate a door fault? I'm guessing, were that the
case, that the line controller ordered the driver to engage the
interlocking. But even if there was a door fault, would not the line
controller have ordered the driver to dump the load?

I saw this train during non-peak hours, BTW.

I think it means it's a de-icing train.

Got it. If it were a door fault, then would the red guard light be flashing?

What about in the case of a passenger alarm?

Steve Lewis December 14th 16 08:12 PM

Blue Lights

If the doors are proved closed, the exterior orange light will be off, else it will be on. Away from a platform, the train management system will be of more use.

[email protected] December 14th 16 09:24 PM

Blue Lights

On 14/12/2016 21:12, Steve Lewis wrote:
If the doors are proved closed, the exterior orange light will be off, else it will be on.

Yes, I know that. But what I am asking is that if there is a door fault,
if the guard light will give any other indication.

Also, is there a particular indication on the guard light if somebody
pulls a passenger alarm?

Away from a platform, the train management system will be of more use.

Are you referring to the onboard computer?

burfordTjustice[_2_] December 15th 16 11:30 AM

Blue Lights

On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 22:24:50 +0000
" wrote:

Yes, I know that.