London Banter

-   -   Blazing cycle lights (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15231-blazing-cycle-lights.html)

Roland Perry January 18th 17 07:58 PM

Blazing cycle lights

In message , at 19:53:40 on Wed,
18 Jan 2017, Theo remarked:

She has a point about electric bikes though. In China, they're everywhere.
You can buy them in the supermarket for a few hundred dollars. Here,
they're sold by bijou little bike shops for near a thousand pounds. Or two
or three times that if you buy from a brand name or they manage to sell you
an electric mountain bike.

£5k from the shop below.

Even in Cambridge there is basically one shop

Rutland Cycling?

No, https://www.electricbikesales.co.uk/

So now there are two.

Tim Woodall[_2_] January 19th 17 04:16 PM

Blazing cycle lights

On 2017-01-18, d wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 10:39:51 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/li...en-blaze-of-gl
ry-wsj3zmcsw?shareToken=68b0f8ea451b09f937d21c37c9959 36c

Seems like a good idea until you think it through and realise drivers don't
generally look at the road surface and it'll be completely invisible in
mirrors. Might be useful for pedestrians crossing but other than that it
I suspect its a waste of money.

I cannot imagine that drivers would see them but they're good for
pedestrians - you see the light coming past you before the cyclist so
don't get the same shock and don't risk accidentally stepping into them.
Doesn't work in the daylight though.

Tim.

John Leach January 22nd 17 10:47 AM

Blazing cycle lights

On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 10:41:29 AM UTC, Recliner wrote:
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/li...1c37c9959 36c

I have had an electric bicycle for over a year now.
I also have a "laser" beam rear light, I only use the LED function.
My bicycle cost under £1000 and I bought it from a local store.
Examples here.

http://kudoscycles.com/

John