Old April 9th 17, 03:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Leaked Chris Gibb report on GTR problems

"Arthur Figgis" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 08/04/2017 13:54, tim... wrote:

I presume that the metro stock is different

Not really on Southern;

you mean they don't run 2+3 seating exclusively in the inner area?

tim

Old April 10th 17, 11:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, Apr 08, 2017 at 01:54:41PM +0100, tim... wrote:

I presume that the metro stock is different so there would be no changes in
the fleet allocation for each type

Southern shares quite a bit of stock between suburban and extra-urban
routes.

--
David Cantrell | Godless Liberal Elitist

Irregular English:
ladies glow; gentlemen perspire; brutes, oafs and athletes sweat
Old April 10th 17, 05:53 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 08/04/2017 13:54, tim... wrote:

I presume that the metro stock is different

Not really on Southern;

you mean they don't run 2+3 seating exclusively in the inner area?

No. I was on one yesterday which was heading for Hastings and Ore.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Old April 12th 17, 07:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sunday, 9 April 2017 14:41:57 UTC+1, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
05:42:21 on Sun, 9 Apr 2017, Paul Corfield remarked:

The only real crunch point is if the new timetables in 2018 prove to be
a complete disaster and then there will be monumental pressure GTR and
DfT to "do something". Until then I think GTR will be left to get on
with it.

And won't that be Network Rail's fault, rather than the train operators?

I think it could pan out in different ways. If GTR have not got stock reliability right in conjunction with Siemens or there are staff shortages or they can't manage dwell times properly then none of that is down to Network Rail. If East Midlands or Virgin EC have problems that then screw up GTR's operation then the root cause is not with GTR or NR. Ditto if the planned Gillingham (Kent) T'Link service is screwed by South Eastern failings like their trains conking out.

If points, traction current, track, signals etc fail then clearly that is with Network Rail. If the timetable is unworkable then I suspect it may not be solely down to NR. GTR and other TOCs may also be wrapped up in whatever mess there is as there must be an iterative process between TOCs and NR in constructing a viable timetable that aligns with franchise obligations and the ability to crew the stations.

--
Paul C
via Google

GTR drivers [email protected] London Transport 43 December 26th 15 12:44 PM
GTR livery Lew 1[_4_] London Transport 5 August 14th 14 06:24 PM
And you thought it was just London that had problems ... Ed Crowley London Transport 10 August 12th 03 10:52 AM
Information Problems at L.U. r.shemilt London Transport 0 August 12th 03 10:36 AM
Information Problems at L.U. Alan \(in Brussels\) London Transport 0 August 12th 03 08:34 AM