London Banter

-   -   Departing Stock (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15323-departing-stock.html)

[email protected] April 19th 17 12:22 AM

Departing Stock

In article
-september
..org, (Recliner) wrote:

wrote:
On 18/04/2017 21:22, Recliner wrote:
Apparently this Frday (21st) will be the last for the D-stock in normal
service in London. I believe there will be a farewell tour on 7 May.

After that, of course, there may be opportnities to travel on them on
new routes, with an unfamiliar diesel rumble under the floor.

What are their further prospects for conversion to DMUs and
eventual entrance into revenue service, especially after the fire?

Adrian Shooter seems optimistic that more orders are in the pipeline. The
EMT trial would not, in any case, have led to a significant order, even
without the fire. In a way, the fire was a good thing, as it uncovered a
number of weaknesses that might not otherwise have come to light till much
later.

That was to have been a trial with LM in the West Midlands, surely?

Vivarail also has a battery version entering test.

Looking forward to it.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Recliner[_3_] April 19th 17 01:04 AM

Departing Stock

wrote:
In article
-september
.org, (Recliner) wrote:

wrote:
On 18/04/2017 21:22, Recliner wrote:
Apparently this Frday (21st) will be the last for the D-stock in normal
service in London. I believe there will be a farewell tour on 7 May.

After that, of course, there may be opportnities to travel on them on
new routes, with an unfamiliar diesel rumble under the floor.

What are their further prospects for conversion to DMUs and
eventual entrance into revenue service, especially after the fire?

Adrian Shooter seems optimistic that more orders are in the pipeline. The
EMT trial would not, in any case, have led to a significant order, even
without the fire. In a way, the fire was a good thing, as it uncovered a
number of weaknesses that might not otherwise have come to light till much
later.

That was to have been a trial with LM in the West Midlands, surely?

Yes, sorry, I got the wrong TOC. It was indeed London Midland.