London Banter

-   -   Blackfriars - London Bridge (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15332-blackfriars-london-bridge.html)

Basil Jet[_4_] May 22nd 17 09:36 PM

Blackfriars - London Bridge

On 2017\05\22 22:24, Recliner wrote:
Offramp wrote:
I wonder how many people have been caught out by that London Bridge to Victoria service.

Some poor stranded commuter, desperate to get to Victoria, and he sees it
appear on the destination board. He jumps on!! What could be simplon?

Six hours later, bloated and dehydrated, he arrives at Victoria.

Victoria at 5am resembles a cross between Threads and The Equaliser.

He asks two cleaners how to get to West Croydon. All he hears is
laughter, laughter, laughter.

Does that service still operate? I thought the LO South London line
service replaced it.

The direct (hahaha) service via Denmark Hill got replaced by the
Overground. The service from London Bridge - Sydenham - Crystal Palace -
Victoria still runs, hence the six hour comment above.

[email protected] May 22nd 17 11:50 PM

Blackfriars - London Bridge

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Monday, 22 May 2017 22:28:13 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:
Offramp wrote:
I wonder how many people have been caught out by that London Bridge to
Victoria service. Some poor stranded commuter, desperate to get to
Victoria, and he sees it appear on the destination board. He jumps
on!! What could be simplon?

Six hours later, bloated and dehydrated, he arrives at Victoria.

Victoria at 5am resembles a cross between Threads and The Equaliser.

He asks two cleaners how to get to West Croydon. All he hears is
laughter, laughter, laughter.

Does that service still operate? I thought the LO South London line
service replaced it.

The old South London Line service was replaced in part by the LO
service to Clapham Junction. There is, I believe, another LB to Vic
service via Crystal Palace and elsewhere.

Indeed so.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Graham Murray May 23rd 17 05:27 AM

Blackfriars - London Bridge

Basil Jet writes:

The direct (hahaha) service via Denmark Hill got replaced by the
Overground. The service from London Bridge - Sydenham - Crystal Palace
-
Victoria still runs, hence the six hour comment above.

And if some unsuspecting visitor were to catch it all the way using
Oyster PAYG, would they just be charged a Zone 1 fare, considering that
the journey is within the 90 minute maximum zone 1 to Zone 1 time.