London Banter

-   -   Walthamstow (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1539-walthamstow.html)

Jason April 1st 04 03:47 PM

Walthamstow

This Walthamstow thread got me thinking:

It is my imagination, or is there an unusually large number of E17
bods in uk.transport.london?

Cheers,

Jason.

Paul Corfield April 1st 04 06:31 PM

Walthamstow

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 16:47:50 +0100, Jason wrote:

This Walthamstow thread got me thinking:

It is my imagination, or is there an unusually large number of E17
bods in uk.transport.london?

well there seem to be 4 or 5 who post in the group but there is no
(obvious) way to compare to how many people may be concentrated in other
parts of London or the surrounding counties.
--
Paul C

Niklas Karlsson April 1st 04 07:09 PM

Walthamstow

In article , Paul Corfield wrote:
On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 16:47:50 +0100, Jason wrote:

This Walthamstow thread got me thinking:

It is my imagination, or is there an unusually large number of E17
bods in uk.transport.london?

well there seem to be 4 or 5 who post in the group but there is no
(obvious) way to compare to how many people may be concentrated in other
parts of London or the surrounding counties.

We could always run a survey. :-)

(TW1, here)

Niklas
--
"The problem is that he appears to be one of those who is immortal by reason of
being too stupid to realize that he's been killed."

Tom Anderson April 4th 04 08:32 PM

Walthamstow

On 1 Apr 2004, Niklas Karlsson wrote:

In article , Paul Corfield wrote:
On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 16:47:50 +0100, Jason wrote:

This Walthamstow thread got me thinking:

It is my imagination, or is there an unusually large number of E17
bods in uk.transport.london?

well there seem to be 4 or 5 who post in the group but there is no
(obvious) way to compare to how many people may be concentrated in other
parts of London or the surrounding counties.

We could always run a survey. :-)

i think we should. probably not in the form of a thread, though. and we
should get people's home and work postal districts (or, better yet,
stations).

(TW1, here)

E5 (Clapton)/WC1E (Euston Square)

tom

--
Memes don't exist. Tell your friends.

Annabel Smyth April 5th 04 07:23 AM

Walthamstow

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 at 21:32:48, Tom Anderson
wrote:

i think we should. probably not in the form of a thread, though. and we
should get people's home and work postal districts (or, better yet,
stations).

(TW1, here)

E5 (Clapton)/WC1E (Euston Square)

SW2 to E14 and back.
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 8 March 2004

Tony Bryer April 5th 04 10:43 AM

Walthamstow

In article ,
Tom Anderson wrote:
i think we should. probably not in the form of a thread, though.
and we should get people's home and work postal districts

TW1/TW1 here - used to be a 2-second walk, now ten minutes.

--
Tony Bryer

Ian Jelf April 5th 04 12:26 PM

Walthamstow

In message , Annabel Smyth
writes
wrote:

i think we should. probably not in the form of a thread, though. and we
should get people's home and work postal districts (or, better yet,
stations).

(TW1, here)

E5 (Clapton)/WC1E (Euston Square)

SW2 to E14 and back.

Okay, I'll bite.......

B68 to anywhere in London and back! ;-)
--
Ian Jelf, MITG, Birmingham, UK
Registered "Blue Badge" Tourist Guide for

John Rowland April 5th 04 05:29 PM

Walthamstow

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
In article ,
Tom Anderson wrote:

we should get people's home and work postal districts

TW1/TW1 here - used to be a 2-second walk, now ten minutes.

That'll teach you to go to work in stilettos.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped