London Banter

Recliner[_3_] October 20th 17 05:15 PM

Roland Perry wrote:
In message
-sept
ember.org, at 19:25:56 on Thu, 19 Oct 2017, Recliner
remarked:
Nevertheless - hurrah! And I assume that little problems like that will
be fixed when the system is rolled out more widely.

...But surely if, in the future, trains consist of one long walkthru
carriage, then the whole system will be defunct.

The class 700s and 378s already have open gangways, and loading advice like
this remains useful, particularly before boarding.

And if the trains are really crowded you can't walk through. I almost
never see people walking through anyway.

People do walk a carriage or two, but rarely more. It would be ideal to be
able see the carriage loading on a platform display before the train
arrives.