Old December 2nd 17, 09:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Marylebone Hallelujah

A flash mob with a difference:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=RVaJbY9RJ3o

I think Guy Gorton would have enjoyed this if he was in London that day.

Old December 3rd 17, 03:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Saturday, 2 December 2017 22:10:21 UTC, Recliner wrote:
A flash mob with a difference:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=RVaJbY9RJ3o

I think Guy Gorton would have enjoyed this if he was in London that day.

I remember flash mobs from about 15 years ago. They weren't funny then. Nowadays people simply ignore them.

I'd like to have been at the brainstorming session for "How do we raise awareness for whatever is it this thing is about". Someone said flash mob as a joke and it was the top idea!
Old December 3rd 17, 07:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Offramp wrote:
On Saturday, 2 December 2017 22:10:21 UTC, Recliner wrote:
A flash mob with a difference:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=RVaJbY9RJ3o

I think Guy Gorton would have enjoyed this if he was in London that day.

I remember flash mobs from about 15 years ago. They weren't funny then.
Nowadays people simply ignore them.

I assume you didn't actually watch the video? The Marylebone commuters
certainly didn't ignore this flash mob. And, no, it wasn't funny, or meant
to be.

Old December 3rd 17, 08:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Sat, 2 Dec 2017 22:10:20 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

A flash mob with a difference:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=RVaJbY9RJ3o

I think Guy Gorton would have enjoyed this if he was in London that day.

He would indeed! I have seen all sorts f events there but this is
probably the best. I started using M'bone in January 1969 which is a
frightening span of nearly 49 years. Infrequent visitor now.

Guy Gorton
Old December 3rd 17, 11:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

A flash mob with a difference:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=RVaJbY9RJ3o

I think Guy Gorton would have enjoyed this if he was in London that day.

He would indeed! I have seen all sorts f events there but this is
probably the best. I started using M'bone in January 1969 which is a
frightening span of nearly 49 years. Infrequent visitor now.

I had rather hoped it was you playing the organ!

I did check to see if Georg Friedrich had any connections to
Marylebone, and it seems that he lived just outside the area, about a
mile from the future station, at 23 Brook Street. Had he lived long
enough to travel by train, Marylebone would indeed have been his local
main line station (Paddington, Euston and Victoria are all further
away).

Old December 3rd 17, 11:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 2017\12\02 22:10, Recliner wrote:
A flash mob with a difference:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=RVaJbY9RJ3o

What's the difference?
Old December 3rd 17, 01:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

wrote:

A flash mob with a difference:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=RVaJbY9RJ3o

I think Guy Gorton would have enjoyed this if he was in London that day.

He would indeed! I have seen all sorts f events there but this is
probably the best. I started using M'bone in January 1969 which is a
frightening span of nearly 49 years. Infrequent visitor now.

Guy Gorton

Absolutely perfectly wonderful.

We moved to the Vale of Aylesbury in 1960, and started using the
trains into Marylebone, and to Rugby, shortly after that.

Question: back in the day the BR ticket office was roughly where M&S
is today. Last time we. my spouse and I, were at Marylebone there was
new ticket office backing onto the platform area,
https://tinyurl.com/y7nwqe4t

Was this built new, or moved from elsewhere? It has a very classic
look about it.
Old December 3rd 17, 01:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

wrote:

[...]

Tiny URL is not doing its job. Here is the full one:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianhudson/19610066613/in/album-72157656621273116/
Old December 3rd 17, 02:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 08:26:45 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

Offramp wrote:
On Saturday, 2 December 2017 22:10:21 UTC, Recliner wrote:
A flash mob with a difference:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=RVaJbY9RJ3o

I think Guy Gorton would have enjoyed this if he was in London that day.

I remember flash mobs from about 15 years ago. They weren't funny then.
Nowadays people simply ignore them.

I assume you didn't actually watch the video? The Marylebone commuters
certainly didn't ignore this flash mob. And, no, it wasn't funny, or meant
to be.

I'd like to have been at the brainstorming session for "How do we raise
awareness for whatever is it this thing is about". Someone said flash mob
as a joke and it was the top idea!

Not funny, but joyously serious. And, unless the cameramen and
editors managed to mislead us, much enjoyed by many of the public.
Did it benefit Syria? Hopefully, it did - help is sorely needed.

I came across the thread by Recliiner early this morning before going
to church to play the organ for the first Sunday in Advent. It gave
me inspiration even though the message was rather different - and I
did not play any Handel but did play Bach and did try to encourage the
congregation to sing joyfully - which they did..

Guy Gorton
Old December 3rd 17, 02:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

wrote:

A flash mob with a difference:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=RVaJbY9RJ3o

I think Guy Gorton would have enjoyed this if he was in London that day.

The Hallelujah Chorus was ruined for me many years ago, when I saw a
comedian singing "Mozzarella" instead.