London Banter

-   -   Rail fares to increase by 3.4% (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15523-rail-fares-increase-3-4-a.html)

Certes December 6th 17 05:30 PM

Rail fares to increase by 3.4%

On 06/12/17 18:16, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2017\12\06 13:28, Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
1975 and 1980 were a bit harsh!

First price rise after Labour came to power and after the Tories came to
power, respectively. No, I don't understand the significance of that.

Possibly that parties of any colour which recently won feel free to make
unpopular choices which may be forgotten before the next election.

Basil Jet[_4_] December 6th 17 05:40 PM

Rail fares to increase by 3.4%

On 2017\12\06 18:30, Certes wrote:
On 06/12/17 18:16, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2017\12\06 13:28, Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
1975 and 1980 were a bit harsh!

First price rise after Labour came to power and after the Tories came
to power, respectively. No, I don't understand the significance of that.

Possibly that parties of any colour which recently won feel free to make
unpopular choices which may be forgotten before the next election.

That would also pertain to governments who had just won a second term.