London Banter

-   -   Bus Timetables (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15572-bus-timetables.html)

Bill Borland[_2_] January 30th 18 06:45 PM

Bus Timetables

I used to be able to download timetables exactly as they appear in the
case on the bus stop pole - the times for a week summarised in a format
such that the whole thing would fit on one side of an A4 page and could
conveniently be folded and carried. Is this still possible? All I can
find on the tfl website is "journey planners" and a list down one edge
of the page giving all the times for one day only, which would probably
need two or three pages to print, most of which would be white space.

I don't want my journey planned for me; I want to see all that is
available, and make up my own mind.
--
Bill Borland

Roland Perry January 30th 18 07:32 PM

Bus Timetables

In message , at 19:45:32 on Tue, 30 Jan
2018, Bill Borland remarked:
I don't want my journey planned for me; I want to see all that is
available, and make up my own mind.

That ship sailed long ago for almost all public transport.

Airlines were the first to make timetables virtually unobtainable (maybe
25 years ago), rather than asking you when you might want to travel, and
then suggesting some flights they'd prefer you took.

tim... January 30th 18 07:41 PM

Bus Timetables

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 19:45:32 on Tue, 30 Jan 2018,
Bill Borland remarked:
I don't want my journey planned for me; I want to see all that is
available, and make up my own mind.

That ship sailed long ago for almost all public transport.

Unfortunately :-(

Airlines were the first to make timetables virtually unobtainable (maybe
25 years ago), rather than asking you when you might want to travel, and
then suggesting some flights they'd prefer you took.

for 2 services a day that not entirely unreasonable

for 300 services a day

it is

IMHO

tim

Recliner[_3_] January 30th 18 07:47 PM

Bus Timetables

Bill Borland wrote:
I used to be able to download timetables exactly as they appear in the
case on the bus stop pole - the times for a week summarised in a format
such that the whole thing would fit on one side of an A4 page and could
conveniently be folded and carried. Is this still possible? All I can
find on the tfl website is "journey planners" and a list down one edge
of the page giving all the times for one day only, which would probably
need two or three pages to print, most of which would be white space.

I don't want my journey planned for me; I want to see all that is
available, and make up my own mind.

Have you tried this site?
http://www.londonbusroutes.net/routes.htm

Recliner[_3_] January 30th 18 07:47 PM

Bus Timetables

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 19:45:32 on Tue, 30 Jan
2018, Bill Borland remarked:
I don't want my journey planned for me; I want to see all that is
available, and make up my own mind.

That ship sailed long ago for almost all public transport.

But not for London buses:

Michael R N Dolbear January 30th 18 09:51 PM

Bus Timetables

"Recliner" wrote in message

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 19:45:32 on Tue, 30 Jan
2018, Bill Borland remarked:
I don't want my journey planned for me; I want to see all that is
available, and make up my own mind.

That ship sailed long ago for almost all public transport.

.. But not for London buses:
.. http://www.londonbusroutes.net/routes.htm

And check the relevant council's web site

https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/roads-an...bus-timetables

--
Mike D

Roland Perry January 31st 18 05:55 AM

Bus Timetables

In message
-septe
mber.org, at 20:47:22 on Tue, 30 Jan 2018, Recliner
remarked:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 19:45:32 on Tue, 30 Jan
2018, Bill Borland remarked:
I don't want my journey planned for me; I want to see all that is
available, and make up my own mind.

That ship sailed long ago for almost all public transport.

But not for London buses:
http://www.londonbusroutes.net/routes.htm

That comes in the class of "virtually unobtainable". Which is different
from "completely unobtainable". There are also timetables for the tube,
but they don't make them very accessible. At least the latter come from
TfL, rather than what appears to be an enthusiastic amateur.

Roland Perry January 31st 18 06:03 AM

Bus Timetables

In message , at 22:51:42 on Tue, 30
Jan 2018, Michael R N Dolbear remarked:
I don't want my journey planned for me; I want to see all that is
available, and make up my own mind.

That ship sailed long ago for almost all public transport.

. But not for London buses:
. http://www.londonbusroutes.net/routes.htm

And check the relevant council's web site

https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/roads-an...other-transpor
t/bus-timetables

Those sorts of local-authority published timetables can be somewhat
patchy. The Surrey one looks much better than average. I wonder when the
County last published a timetable booklet?

Michael R N Dolbear January 31st 18 11:27 PM

Bus Timetables

"tim..." wrote

And check the relevant council's web site

https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/roads-an...other-transpor
t/bus-timetables

Those sorts of local-authority published timetables can be somewhat
patchy. The Surrey one looks much better than average. I wonder when the
County last published a timetable booklet?

.. 2nd Jan 2018

.. HTH

Both the timetable booklets and the website include those London buses that
run into Surrey

--
Mike D