London Banter

-   -   Thameslink 2018 (pictures) (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15609-thameslink-2018-pictures.html)

[email protected] March 1st 18 10:19 AM

Thameslink 2018 (pictures)

In article
-september
..org, (Recliner) wrote:

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
20:04:32 on Wed, 28 Feb 2018,
remarked:

Do we gather that you and Roland were on the same train but unaware of
each other

There were several Usenaughts on the trains, including ColinR. I
didn't bump into him either.

I suppose there more on the very first (southbound) service through the
new Canal Tunnels; it certainly looked that way from the video you linked.
I was surprised how empty the first northbound service was, at least at my
end of the train; perhaps it was busier near the front?

One problem of them being 12 car trains was it's a lot of space to spread
out along.

I didn't know about the rear first class declassification practice
beforehand or else we could all have forgathered there.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Roland Perry March 1st 18 10:56 AM

Thameslink 2018 (pictures)

In message , at 04:19:50
on Thu, 1 Mar 2018, remarked:

There were several Usenaughts on the trains, including ColinR. I
didn't bump into him either.

I suppose there more on the very first (southbound) service through the
new Canal Tunnels; it certainly looked that way from the video you linked.
I was surprised how empty the first northbound service was, at least at my
end of the train; perhaps it was busier near the front?

One problem of them being 12 car trains was it's a lot of space to spread
out along.

And despite the ride being very good in a vertical plane, I found them
quite difficult to walk through, being thrown from side to side rather a
lot. After ten cars-worth of that, I decided to stay put whenever
possible.

[email protected] March 1st 18 06:09 PM

Thameslink 2018 (pictures)

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
04:19:50 on Thu, 1 Mar 2018,
remarked:

There were several Usenaughts on the trains, including ColinR. I
didn't bump into him either.

I suppose there more on the very first (southbound) service through the
new Canal Tunnels; it certainly looked that way from the video you
linked. I was surprised how empty the first northbound service was, at
least at my end of the train; perhaps it was busier near the front?

One problem of them being 12 car trains was it's a lot of space to spread
out along.

And despite the ride being very good in a vertical plane, I found
them quite difficult to walk through, being thrown from side to side
rather a lot. After ten cars-worth of that, I decided to stay put
whenever possible.

I didn't find it that bad. I went to the loo not long after leaving Gatwick
and had to walk through a carriage or two.

--
Colin Rosenstiel