London Banter

-   -   Volvo Artic on Route 507 Today (Friday) (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1567-volvo-artic-route-507-today.html)

DaveG73 April 2nd 04 08:52 PM

Volvo Artic on Route 507 Today (Friday)

While driving back from Waterloo on Route 77 today. I saw an Artic 507 driving
over Lambeth bridge and turning into Lambeth Palace Rd (??) (Its not my route
so forgive me if I am wrong with road names).

As I approached the front of it I noticed it was a Volvo/??? branded model, not
the usual Merc/Citaro.

It was without proper screens, rather using the blue Private Hire Style screen
that have been employed on the replacement services.

It did, however, bear the legend "Go-Ahead London General" to the rear upper
corner.

I believe it was on an '03 plate, but cant be 100% on that.

I work for the company and have heard nothing about these buses.

I would guess it was a demonstrator pushed into service as cover, but with
having the company name on it I don't know.

Anyone got any more info?

Paul Corfield April 3rd 04 08:23 AM

On 02 Apr 2004 20:52:43 GMT, (DaveG73) wrote:

While driving back from Waterloo on Route 77 today. I saw an Artic 507 driving
over Lambeth bridge and turning into Lambeth Palace Rd (??) (Its not my route
so forgive me if I am wrong with road names).

As I approached the front of it I noticed it was a Volvo/??? branded model, not
the usual Merc/Citaro.

Anyone got any more info?

It is a Hispano bodied Volvo B7 artic. It is a demonstrator that is
being evaluated by London General / London Central. It has popped up on
the 436 and is now on the Red Arrow routes. Hispano is a Spanish
company IIRC and they have developed a London spec body as an
alternative to the main artic of choice - the Citaro. I've not seen it
myself but there are pictures and info knocking about on the usual
London Bus discussion groups.

Reg number is FJ53 LZX and the fleet number appears to be X62.

HTH
--
Paul C