London Banter

-   -   Green Party lunacy (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1574-green-party-lunacy.html)

Steve Fitzgerald April 4th 04 07:36 PM

Green Party lunacy

In message , Nick Finnigan
writes

(I noticed in passing the Citaro fuel-cell buses seem
to have been withdrawn from use).

Must have been a short withdraw as I saw one of them two days ago in
service and rode on one of them today at Cobham (two were in
attendance).

Kat April 4th 04 08:06 PM

Green Party lunacy

In message , Steve Fitzgerald
] writes
In message , Nick
Finnigan writes

(I noticed in passing the Citaro fuel-cell buses seem
to have been withdrawn from use).

Must have been a short withdraw as I saw one of them two days ago in
service and rode on one of them today at Cobham (two were in
attendance).

I saw one on the 25 route yesterday too.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Thomas Covenant April 4th 04 08:19 PM

Green Party lunacy

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 20:36:28 +0100, Steve Fitzgerald ]
wrote:

In message , Nick Finnigan
writes

(I noticed in passing the Citaro fuel-cell buses seem
to have been withdrawn from use).

Must have been a short withdraw as I saw one of them two days ago in
service and rode on one of them today at Cobham (two were in
attendance).

They weren't withdrawn at all, being the only Citaros in service (in
London) for a couple of days.

The Fuel Cell buses are a completely different beast under the skin,
and my understanding is that whatever the problem was with "normal"
Citaros, it didn't affect these.

--
Thomas Covenant
Please observe reply to Address.