Old June 19th 18, 09:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Explosion at Southgate tube station

Not thought to be terror related.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-Station.html

--
Basil Jet - listening to music from 1981(G-Q) ... Gang Of Four - Gary
Numan - Glenn Branca - Grace Jones - Heaven 17 - Holger Czukay - Japan -

Old June 20th 18, 07:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
NY NY is offline

"Basil Jet" wrote in message
news

Not thought to be terror related.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-Station.html

Now reported to be an explosion of a battery in a power tool.

Old June 20th 18, 08:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In message , at
08:43:19 on Wed, 20 Jun 2018, NY remarked:

Not thought to be terror related.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-Station.html

Now reported to be an explosion of a battery in a power tool.

Lithium, presumably.
Old June 20th 18, 08:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 08:43:19 +0100
"NY" wrote:
"Basil Jet" wrote in message
news

Not thought to be terror related.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-small-explosi
on-Southgate-Tube-Station.html

Now reported to be an explosion of a battery in a power tool.

And I'll bet all of the injuries were actually caused by idiots panicing
rather than the explosion itself.

Old June 20th 18, 09:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
NY NY is offline

wrote in message news
On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 08:43:19 +0100
"NY" wrote:
"Basil Jet" wrote in message
news

Not thought to be terror related.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-small-explosi
on-Southgate-Tube-Station.html

Now reported to be an explosion of a battery in a power tool.

And I'll bet all of the injuries were actually caused by idiots panicing
rather than the explosion itself.

Given the terrorist bombs and other attacks at various sites around London
and the rest of the UK, I defy anyone *not* to assume the worst when there
is an explosion. Would you be able to react calmly and assess whether or not
this explosion was a bomb, in the heat of the moment?

Old June 20th 18, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 10:02:27 +0100
"NY" wrote:
wrote in message news
On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 08:43:19 +0100
"NY" wrote:
"Basil Jet" wrote in message
news
Not thought to be terror related.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ne-small-explo

si
on-Southgate-Tube-Station.html

Now reported to be an explosion of a battery in a power tool.

And I'll bet all of the injuries were actually caused by idiots panicing
rather than the explosion itself.

Given the terrorist bombs and other attacks at various sites around London
and the rest of the UK, I defy anyone *not* to assume the worst when there
is an explosion. Would you be able to react calmly and assess whether or not
this explosion was a bomb, in the heat of the moment?

I've been in a couple of serious car accidents over the years. I didn't panic
then and I doubt I'd panic just because something was on fire in a station
which has easy egress. That does mean I wouldn't hurry out but it does mean
I wouldn't be pushing people over and trampling old people on the way which
it seems is what happened to at least 1 old person there.

Old June 20th 18, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

NY wrote:
wrote in message news
On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 08:43:19 +0100
"NY" wrote:
"Basil Jet" wrote in message
news
Not thought to be terror related.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-small-explosi
on-Southgate-Tube-Station.html

Now reported to be an explosion of a battery in a power tool.

And I'll bet all of the injuries were actually caused by idiots panicing
rather than the explosion itself.

Given the terrorist bombs and other attacks at various sites around London
and the rest of the UK, I defy anyone *not* to assume the worst when there
is an explosion. Would you be able to react calmly and assess whether or not
this explosion was a bomb, in the heat of the moment?

Aha:

Police arrest London man on suspicion of "act likely to cause explosion"
after small blast at Southgate Tube station

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-44547726

Old June 20th 18, 10:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 20/06/2018 10:45, Recliner wrote:

Aha:

Police arrest London man on suspicion of "act likely to cause explosion"
after small blast at Southgate Tube station

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-44547726

And released "under investigation" once they had chatted with him,
according to the Daily Fail article linked to up ^ there somewhere.

They arrest anyone likely to be even slightly connected with such
incidents as an @rse covering exercise, so that if they do decide to
prosecute, a clever lawyer can't later say "If you didn't think he was
innocent, why did you not arrest him immediately?" If it turns out he is
innocent, then the arrest should be marked as a false arrest.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Old June 20th 18, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 09:45:18 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
NY wrote:
wrote in message news
On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 08:43:19 +0100
"NY" wrote:
"Basil Jet" wrote in message
news
Not thought to be terror related.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-small-explosi

on-Southgate-Tube-Station.html

Now reported to be an explosion of a battery in a power tool.

And I'll bet all of the injuries were actually caused by idiots panicing
rather than the explosion itself.

Given the terrorist bombs and other attacks at various sites around London
and the rest of the UK, I defy anyone *not* to assume the worst when there
is an explosion. Would you be able to react calmly and assess whether or not

this explosion was a bomb, in the heat of the moment?

Aha:

Police arrest London man on suspicion of "act likely to cause explosion"
after small blast at Southgate Tube station

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-44547726

Either it was done deliberately or it wasn't, someone needs to make their
mind up.

Old June 20th 18, 10:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In message , at 10:16:46 on Wed, 20 Jun
2018, remarked:

[...]

Deliberate, but not as an act of terrorism, perhaps? For example taping
up a safety cut-out on a tool.