London Transport (uk.transport.london) Discussion of all forms of transport in London.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old October 15th 18, 03:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,781
Default The tube that's not a tube

https://www.citymetric.com/transport...bury-park-4277

The article is illustrated with a splendid example of a shabby GN 313,
with its previous FCC branding peeping out from underneath.

  #2   Report Post  
Old October 15th 18, 08:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: May 2007
Posts: 1,139
Default The tube that's not a tube

On Monday, 15 October 2018 15:18:20 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:
https://www.citymetric.com/transport...bury-park-4277

The article is illustrated with a splendid example of a shabby GN 313,
with its previous FCC branding peeping out from underneath.


Many thanks.
  #3   Report Post  
Old October 15th 18, 10:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Jun 2016
Posts: 52
Default The tube that's not a tube

In article , Recliner
writes
https://www.citymetric.com/transport...ern-city-line-
history-moorgate-finsbury-park-4277


At least two blatantly obvious errors in it, even though they cited my
web site.

--
Clive D.W. Feather
  #4   Report Post  
Old October 15th 18, 11:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,781
Default The tube that's not a tube

Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
In article , Recliner
writes
https://www.citymetric.com/transport...ern-city-line-
history-moorgate-finsbury-park-4277


At least two blatantly obvious errors in it, even though they cited my
web site.


Yes, it's quite a lightweight article, written by a generalist reporter,
but is quite a nice summary of the line's surprisingly complex history.

It's also a reminder that TfL is a bit naughty to omit both this line and
Thameslink from the Tube map. It's not helpful to passengers, who don't
care if a line is run by LU, LO or GTR.

  #5   Report Post  
Old October 16th 18, 04:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Mar 2018
Posts: 17
Default The tube that's not a tube

In article ,
Recliner wrote:
It's also a reminder that TfL is a bit naughty to omit both this line and
Thameslink from the Tube map. It's not helpful to passengers, who don't
care if a line is run by LU, LO or GTR.


It's on the rail and tube services map which is the useful one these
days.




--
Regards,
John Levine, , Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Please consider the environment before reading this e-mail.
https://jl.ly


  #6   Report Post  
Old October 16th 18, 08:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,259
Default The tube that's not a tube

In message , at 03:03:02 on Tue, 16 Oct 2018,
John Levine remarked:

It's also a reminder that TfL is a bit naughty to omit both this line and
Thameslink from the Tube map. It's not helpful to passengers, who don't
care if a line is run by LU, LO or GTR.


It's on the rail and tube services map which is the useful one these
days.


Showing it on tube maps would tend to lead people to expect a more
frequent service than it offers. For an inner zone line, anyway.
--
Roland Perry
  #7   Report Post  
Old October 16th 18, 08:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,781
Default The tube that's not a tube

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 03:03:02 on Tue, 16 Oct 2018,
John Levine remarked:

It's also a reminder that TfL is a bit naughty to omit both this line and
Thameslink from the Tube map. It's not helpful to passengers, who don't
care if a line is run by LU, LO or GTR.


It's on the rail and tube services map which is the useful one these
days.


Showing it on tube maps would tend to lead people to expect a more
frequent service than it offers. For an inner zone line, anyway.


It's better than many LO services, which are shown. So that logic doesn't
work.

  #8   Report Post  
Old October 16th 18, 10:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,781
Default The tube that's not a tube

John Levine wrote:
In article ,
Recliner wrote:
It's also a reminder that TfL is a bit naughty to omit both this line and
Thameslink from the Tube map. It's not helpful to passengers, who don't
care if a line is run by LU, LO or GTR.


It's on the rail and tube services map which is the useful one these
days.


How widely is that map displayed?

  #9   Report Post  
Old October 16th 18, 11:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,330
Default The tube that's not a tube

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 10:37:42PM -0000, Recliner wrote:

It's also a reminder that TfL is a bit naughty to omit both this line and
Thameslink from the Tube map. It's not helpful to passengers, who don't
care if a line is run by LU, LO or GTR.


It would make the map too complicated. It's *already* too complicated
around the area where the Northern City line runs with all the
indistinguishably orange lines.

--
David Cantrell | Bourgeois reactionary pig

I think the most difficult moment that anyone could face is seeing
their domestic servants, whether maid or drivers, run away
-- Abdul Rahman Al-Sheikh, writing on 25 Jan 2004 at
http://www.arabnews.com/node/243486
  #10   Report Post  
Old October 16th 18, 11:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Sep 2017
Posts: 329
Default The tube that's not a tube

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 11:47:58 +0100
David Cantrell wrote:
On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 10:37:42PM -0000, Recliner wrote:

It's also a reminder that TfL is a bit naughty to omit both this line and
Thameslink from the Tube map. It's not helpful to passengers, who don't
care if a line is run by LU, LO or GTR.


It would make the map too complicated. It's *already* too complicated
around the area where the Northern City line runs with all the
indistinguishably orange lines.


That might be a valid excuse if it wasn't for the fact that the moorgate
branch was on the tube map for decades. And it was TfLs decision to have a
uniform colour for all the Overground routes when they could easily have
chosen seperate ones for the ELL, NLL and Goblin lines at the very least.




Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
This just in - tube journey not a nightmare! [email protected] London Transport 11 December 26th 08 09:46 AM
It's not big, it's not clever - "Source who works for TfL" picks onpoor gullible journalist Mwmbwls London Transport 2 December 13th 07 11:36 AM
Oyster & tube .. not scanning in elyob London Transport 21 August 6th 05 11:11 AM
Tube doors not opening at station Kevin Davidson London Transport 10 February 18th 05 04:11 PM
Not to Do With London Transport CJG London Transport 2 July 30th 03 07:52 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 London Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about London Transport"

 

Copyright © 2017