Old November 25th 18, 12:26 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default New timetables online: Park Royal parly to be diverted

On 24/11/2018 20:30, Recliner wrote:

That means the daily Chiltern
service to Paddington will also finish soon.

Apparently it will be diverted to West Ealing at the December timetable
change, but I can't find it at all in the new timetables.

https://www.networkrail.co.uk/runnin...ail-timetable/

--
Basil Jet - listening... Soft Cell. Soft Machine. Solomon Grey. Sonic
Youth. Sonique. Sonny Rollins. Sophie Ellis Bextor. Soul-Junk. Space.

Old November 25th 18, 12:55 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Basil Jet wrote:
On 24/11/2018 20:30, Recliner wrote:

That means the daily Chiltern
service to Paddington will also finish soon.

Apparently it will be diverted to West Ealing at the December timetable
change, but I can't find it at all in the new timetables.

https://www.networkrail.co.uk/runnin...ail-timetable/

I suppose that makes sense in terms of maintaining Chiltern drivers' route
knowledge for diversions.

However, I hope that Chiltern's request for a reopened line into the new
OOC Crossrail/HS2/GWR station comes to fruition, so it can run an hourly
service to it from Milton Keynes via Aylesbury.

Old November 25th 18, 01:40 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 25/11/2018 00:55, Recliner wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:
On 24/11/2018 20:30, Recliner wrote:

That means the daily Chiltern
service to Paddington will also finish soon.

Apparently it will be diverted to West Ealing at the December timetable
change, but I can't find it at all in the new timetables.

https://www.networkrail.co.uk/runnin...ail-timetable/

I suppose that makes sense in terms of maintaining Chiltern drivers' route
knowledge for diversions.

However, I hope that Chiltern's request for a reopened line into the new
OOC Crossrail/HS2/GWR station comes to fruition, so it can run an hourly
service to it from Milton Keynes via Aylesbury.

It seems like a stupid place to terminate - I can't see many people
getting trains in from High Wycombe to change onto HS2 for Birmingham.
Crossrail is just a glorified tube line - although I suppose the other
Chiltern trains terminate at a station with only one tube line.

I'd rather they put a curve through the industrial site car park to link
to the line that goes near Willesden Junction before heading south to
Clapham Junction and further.

Old November 25th 18, 09:55 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Basil Jet wrote:
[...]

It's Crossrail, including the Heathrow link, that's their main target. The
HS2 link would have less relevance. The connection to the GWR might be more
important for some.

Crossrail is much more than a glorified tube line.

I'd rather they put a curve through the industrial site car park to link
to the line that goes near Willesden Junction before heading south to
Clapham Junction and further.

The West London line will also have an OOC station, as will the Richmond
line. OOC will be a major interchange station that may also get a Central
Line station.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_...ailway_station
Old November 25th 18, 08:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 25/11/18 01:40, Basil Jet wrote:
On 25/11/2018 00:55, Recliner wrote:
However, I hope that Chiltern's request for a reopened line into the new
OOC Crossrail/HS2/GWR station comes to fruition, so it can run an hourly
service to it from Milton Keynes via Aylesbury.

It seems like a stupid place to terminate - I can't see many people
getting trains in from High Wycombe to change onto HS2 for Birmingham.
Crossrail is just a glorified tube line - although I suppose the other
Chiltern trains terminate at a station with only one tube line.

Connections to Heathrow and the GWML would be useful. At the moment getting
to Heathrow from Chiltern stations is a pain and it's easier and faster to
drive or get a coach.

Roger

Old November 25th 18, 10:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 25/11/2018 20:21, Roger Lynn wrote:
On 25/11/18 01:40, Basil Jet wrote:
On 25/11/2018 00:55, Recliner wrote:
However, I hope that Chiltern's request for a reopened line into the new
OOC Crossrail/HS2/GWR station comes to fruition, so it can run an hourly
service to it from Milton Keynes via Aylesbury.

It seems like a stupid place to terminate - I can't see many people
getting trains in from High Wycombe to change onto HS2 for Birmingham.
Crossrail is just a glorified tube line - although I suppose the other
Chiltern trains terminate at a station with only one tube line.

Connections to Heathrow and the GWML would be useful. At the moment
getting to Heathrow from Chiltern stations is a pain and it's easier and
faster to drive or get a coach.

I wasn't suggesting it shouldn't go to OOC - just that it should go on
to Clapham Junction afterwards, giving Chiltern stations a one change
journey to Gatwick and half the country.

Old November 25th 18, 10:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Basil Jet wrote:
[...]

I don't think there would be any route beyond OOC to the West London line.
The Crossrail depot is in the way.

Old November 25th 18, 11:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 22:54:58 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

Basil Jet wrote:
[...]

Round the north side meeting the WLL on the south side of Willesden
Junction IIRC.
Old November 25th 18, 11:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

Basil Jet wrote:
[...]

That would miss the OOC station altogether. It would have to cross the
canal and join the WLL on the north side. It would be a much more expensive
project, and there's probably no platform space for the trains to reverse
at CLJ anyway.

Given the choice, terminating at OOC make much more sense.

Old November 26th 18, 01:28 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

Basil Jet wrote:
[...]

No, it would require a short curve in the vicinity of Acton Wells
Junction. (Admittedly levels might be an issue.) The curve from Acton
Wells Junction to the southbound WLL is already there, crossing the
canal twice, and not currently used by any passenger trains.