Old April 22nd 04, 05:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Eurostar @ Waterloo

Is there a lounge for 1st class passengers?

Old April 22nd 04, 08:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

(Wanderingjew698) wrote in
:

Is there a lounge for 1st class passengers?

Only Premium 1st, not "regular" 1st.

Z.

--
Please remove my_pants when replying by email.
Old April 22nd 04, 01:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jan Jan is offline

Is there a lounge for 1st class passengers?

Yes there is, well a Business Lounge anyway - I spotted it the other
day. I notice they've just built a new one at Paris too. It's not
available for people travelling on a Leisure ticket though even if
it's First Class. Similarly, 10 minute check-in times only apply to
full fare passengers and not to Leisure first class ticket holders.
Old April 22nd 04, 11:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 22-Apr-2004, Arthur Figgis [127.0.0.1 wrote
in :

It is only for passengers with
the right sort of (full price?) first class ticket, not any old first
class ticket.

Access to the lounges is for silver and gold card carriers, which
you get after accumulating enough points.

You collect points on any type of fare.

Old April 23rd 04, 02:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Arthur Figgis
] writes
I think it called something like The Salon. The one in Paris is The
Lounge, and the one in Brussels I've not seen.

There's one in Brussels with sliding doors between it and the
circulation area outside the bar/toilets. Not sure what the rules are,
and I've never used it even when travelling First Class. The problem at
Brussels is they don't usually let you through the ticket barriers early
enough to make use of any of the facilities, especially now they have an
x-ray baggage check. If I had the franchise for the shop or bar I'd be
pretty irritated. No doubt the staff in the First Class lounge rarely
get their peace disturbed.
Old April 23rd 04, 05:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 23:30:51 +0100, Arthur Figgis
] wrote:

Johann Gombleputtydevonausfernschpledenschlittcrasscrenbo nfriedigger-
dingledangledonglebursteinvonknackerthrasherappleb angerhorowitz-
ticolensicgranderknottyspelltinklegrandlichgrumble meyerspelter-
wasserkurstlichhimbleeisenbahnwagengutenabendbitte einnurnburger-
bratwurstlegerspurtenmitzweimacheluberhundsfutgumb eraberschonend-
ankerkalbsfleischmittleraucher Von Hauptkopf of Ulm.