London Banter

-   -   Incident at West Ham station (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1674-incident-west-ham-station.html)

Robin May April 27th 04 02:51 PM

Incident at West Ham station

The police had taped off the side road that goes past the front of the
station (Memorial Road I think) and traffic was moving slowly on Manor
Road, partly as a result of people wanting to turn into Memorial Road
but not being able to. The station itself was open. Does anyone know
anything about this?

--
message by Robin May, but I would say that, wouldn't I?

"You MUST NOT drive dangerously" - the Highway Code
Spelling lesson: then and than are different words.

SJCWHUK April 27th 04 05:55 PM

Incident at West Ham station

Yes there was a stabbing along Memorial Avenue and the road was closed as a
result. In fact the incident happened around 13.30 and as at 18.55 it was
still closed (had a nice detour through the park).
.4...

Marratxi April 27th 04 07:10 PM

"SJCWHUK" wrote in message
Yes there was a stabbing along Memorial Avenue and the road was closed as

result. In fact the incident happened around 13.30 and as at 18.55 it was
still closed (had a nice detour through the park).
--

Nowadays it seems the police want to close everything for hours and hours
notwithstanding all the disruption they cause. I'm told this is not the case

My keyboard is haunted by the ghost of the gendarme in " Allo, allo" - blame
him for any typos