Old December 16th 18, 08:18 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Crossed Rail

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/how-crossrail-has-hit-the-buffers-0h3njkz0s?shareToken=06e385cceee7e6bbe7b8eb77b5bfb 1ea

Old December 16th 18, 08:42 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Recliner" wrote in message
news
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/how-crossrail-has-hit-the-buffers-0h3njkz0s?shareToken=06e385cceee7e6bbe7b8eb77b5bfb 1ea

This looks like a classic case of the project plan saying:

12 months development, 6 months testing, and as the development slips it
being revised to:

13 months development 5 months testing
14 months development 4 months testing

until when the software is delivered after 17.5 months, the testers say, "we
can't possibly test this in 2 weeks we need 6 months" which everyone knew
all along anyway

(been there so many times!)

tim

Old December 16th 18, 09:00 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 09:18:36 on Sun, 16 Dec
2018, Recliner remarked:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/h...the-buffers-0h
3njkz0s?shareToken=06e385cceee7e6bbe7b8eb77b5bfb1 ea

I wonder if the Mayor has seen how few consequences arose from
Grayling's claim "no-one told me, the May timetable change would be a
catastrophe"?