London Banter

-   -   Lost Oyster, what should I do? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1690-lost-oyster-what-should-i.html)

Ben Nunn April 30th 04 01:25 PM

Lost Oyster, what should I do?

I've lost my (registered) Oystercard. It had about £40 prepay on it.

However, I was also planning on buying a weekly travelcard starting next
Tuesday.

What is the best procedure here? Phone up the 'lost oyster' hotline and wait
for a replacement? Go to a station? What?

TIA.

BTN

Robin May April 30th 04 01:54 PM

Lost Oyster, what should I do?

"Ben Nunn" wrote the following in:

I've lost my (registered) Oystercard. It had about £40 prepay on
it.

However, I was also planning on buying a weekly travelcard
starting next Tuesday.

What is the best procedure here? Phone up the 'lost oyster'
hotline and wait for a replacement? Go to a station? What?

Phone up the lost oyster helpline and ask for a replacement. Buy the
weekly travelcard anyway whether or not your replacement oyster has
come (if you don't want two oystercards just get it on a magnetic strip
ticket).

--
message by Robin May, but I would say that, wouldn't I?

"You MUST NOT drive dangerously" - the Highway Code
Spelling lesson: then and than are different words.