London Banter

-   -   Pre-Pay Oyster question (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1736-pre-pay-oyster-question.html)

Geoff Marshall May 12th 04 01:25 PM

Pre-Pay Oyster question

If I buy a prepary Oyster card and load £20 onto it and then...

Use it for loads of journeys all over the tube, in one day, including before
09.30 AND going into Zones A-D, does it get up to £12.60 (the cost of a
peak-day travelcard) and then stop charging me? Or would it carry on
charging me for indivual journeys all day?

Helen Deborah Vecht May 12th 04 02:37 PM

Pre-Pay Oyster question

"Geoff Marshall" typed

If I buy a prepary Oyster card and load £20 onto it and then...

Use it for loads of journeys all over the tube, in one day, including before
09.30 AND going into Zones A-D, does it get up to £12.60 (the cost of a
peak-day travelcard) and then stop charging me? Or would it carry on
charging me for indivual journeys all day?

I don't think capping has been introduced for Oyster Pre Pay yet. You'd
be better off buying a Peak Travelcard.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Paul Corfield May 12th 04 05:26 PM

Pre-Pay Oyster question

On Wed, 12 May 2004 14:25:02 +0100, "Geoff Marshall"
wrote:

If I buy a prepary Oyster card and load £20 onto it and then...

Use it for loads of journeys all over the tube, in one day, including before
09.30 AND going into Zones A-D, does it get up to £12.60 (the cost of a
peak-day travelcard) and then stop charging me? Or would it carry on
charging me for indivual journeys all day?

At present it will charge you for all journeys.

Capping (to the value of a one day ticket) is a feature that will be
activated later this year. There has been no announcement about a
specific date for its introduction.
--
Paul C