London Banter

-   -   Oyster Bus Question (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1737-oyster-bus-question.html)

Zac May 12th 04 02:49 PM

Oyster Bus Question

I have a Zone 1,2,3 & 4 Monthly travelcard at the moment.

How does this work in relation to using Buses. I want to use it for
journeys from Totteridge & Whetstone (LU Zone 4) area and go to High Barnet
area (LU Zone 5) ? Would this be accepted by the oyster reader ?

K May 12th 04 03:45 PM

Oyster Bus Question

On Wed, 12 May 2004 14:49:38 +0000 (UTC), "zac"
wrote:

How does this work in relation to using Buses. I want to use it for
journeys from Totteridge & Whetstone (LU Zone 4) area and go to High Barnet
area (LU Zone 5) ? Would this be accepted by the oyster reader ?

Yes because:

1. There is only one bus zone now.

2. The reader doesn't know where you are going

Paul Corfield May 12th 04 05:28 PM

Oyster Bus Question

wrote:

I have a Zone 1,2,3 & 4 Monthly travelcard at the moment.

How does this work in relation to using Buses. I want to use it for
journeys from Totteridge & Whetstone (LU Zone 4) area and go to High Barnet
area (LU Zone 5) ? Would this be accepted by the oyster reader ?

Any travelcard for any zone combination works for all TfL buses. So, for
example, you can use a Z5 Travelcard on a bus in Central London at no
extra cost.
--
Paul C

Annabel Smyth May 12th 04 05:57 PM

Oyster Bus Question

On Wed, 12 May 2004 at 14:49:38, zac wrote:

I have a Zone 1,2,3 & 4 Monthly travelcard at the moment.

How does this work in relation to using Buses. I want to use it for
journeys from Totteridge & Whetstone (LU Zone 4) area and go to High Barnet
area (LU Zone 5) ? Would this be accepted by the oyster reader ?

Apparently yes; we can use any bus in London, and, I believe, any
Tramlink stop, too, even outside the validity of our ticket.
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 9 May 2004

Graham J May 12th 04 06:57 PM

Oyster Bus Question

Apparently yes; we can use any bus in London, and, I believe, any
Tramlink stop, too, even outside the validity of our ticket.

A travelcard has to have validity in zone 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 for Tramlink.

Annabel Smyth May 12th 04 08:31 PM

Oyster Bus Question

On Wed, 12 May 2004 at 19:57:08, Graham J wrote:

Apparently yes; we can use any bus in London, and, I believe, any
Tramlink stop, too, even outside the validity of our ticket.

A travelcard has to have validity in zone 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 for Tramlink.

Yes, and the OP's was valid in zone 4, no?
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 9 May 2004

Matt Ashby May 12th 04 10:15 PM

Oyster Bus Question

"zac" wrote:

I have a Zone 1,2,3 & 4 Monthly travelcard at the moment.

How does this work in relation to using Buses. I want to use it for
journeys from Totteridge & Whetstone (LU Zone 4) area and go to High Barnet
area (LU Zone 5) ? Would this be accepted by the oyster reader ?

Any travelcard (for any zone you care to mention) is valid on any bus
displaying the London Buses roundel near the front door.

Helen Deborah Vecht May 12th 04 10:19 PM

Oyster Bus Question

Annabel Smyth typed

On Wed, 12 May 2004 at 19:57:08, Graham J wrote:

Apparently yes; we can use any bus in London, and, I believe, any
Tramlink stop, too, even outside the validity of our ticket.

A travelcard has to have validity in zone 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 for Tramlink.

Yes, and the OP's was valid in zone 4, no?

Yes and OP can also use his Travelcard on the bus services in 'Beyond
the Fringes', downloadable from TfL's website.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.