London Banter

-   -   Those "Pre Pay users" Oyster validators (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1745-those-pre-pay-users-oyster.html)

Neil Williams June 8th 04 09:09 PM

Those "Pre Pay users" Oyster validators

On 8 Jun 2004 13:57:42 -0700,
(Richard M Willis) wrote:

However, it also appears that you *do* sometimes have to
validate the card, even with travelcards. I don't know why,
and I don't know where I first heard it.

It's because Travelcards either do or will (not sure which) have a
pre-pay capacity for the purchase of extension tickets. This means
that unresolved journeys can occur here as well.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To e-mail use neil at the above domain

Annabel Smyth June 9th 04 12:12 PM

Those "Pre Pay users" Oyster validators

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 at 21:09:54, Neil Williams
wrote:

On 8 Jun 2004 13:57:42 -0700,
(Richard M Willis) wrote:

However, it also appears that you *do* sometimes have to
validate the card, even with travelcards. I don't know why,
and I don't know where I first heard it.

It's because Travelcards either do or will (not sure which) have a
pre-pay capacity for the purchase of extension tickets. This means
that unresolved journeys can occur here as well.

Do. But as far as I can tell, if you are staying within your zone,
there isn't a problem.

I've recently changed my Oyster to contain a bus pass and some pre-pay,
and I have a horrible feeling that half the time it is taking off the
pre-pay, not using the pass (I haven't tried it on the tube yet). I
don't know how one can stop it doing that.....
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 6 June 2004

Helen Deborah Vecht June 9th 04 01:12 PM

Those "Pre Pay users" Oyster validators

Annabel Smyth typed

I've recently changed my Oyster to contain a bus pass and some pre-pay,
and I have a horrible feeling that half the time it is taking off the
pre-pay, not using the pass (I haven't tried it on the tube yet). I
don't know how one can stop it doing that.....

Ask a nice ticket office chap(pess) at a Tube station for a printout of
your Oyster usage. If your expediture disagrees with your entitlement,
phone the Oyster Helpline.

FWIW I have a Bus Pass with added PrePay for my Tube use. I've never had
money deducted for bus use.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.