London Banter

-   -   Oxford tube - Commuting to oxford from London (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/17463-oxford-tube-commuting-oxford-london.html)

[email protected] January 21st 19 08:23 PM

Oxford tube - Commuting to oxford from London

Hi there,

Does anybody know if it is doable/plausible to commute from London to oxford. The oxford tube looks to be a good option since I live west London, but I’m not sure about morning rush hour. (I’m hoping compared to all the traffic coming into London leaving London shouldn’t be that bad)

Thanks

Basil Jet[_4_] January 21st 19 08:39 PM

On 21/01/2019 21:23, wrote:
Hi there,

Does anybody know if it is doable/plausible to commute from London to oxford. The oxford tube looks to be a good option since I live west London, but I’m not sure about morning rush hour. (I’m hoping compared to all the traffic coming into London leaving London shouldn’t be that bad)

If you've only checked the price of rail season tickets, remember that
commuting by train against the peak flow can often be done more cheaply
with day returns.

--
Basil Jet - Current favourite song...
What by Bruce

Someone Somewhere January 22nd 19 07:01 AM

On 21/01/2019 21:23, wrote:
Hi there,

Does anybody know if it is doable/plausible to commute from London to oxford. The oxford tube looks to be a good option since I live west London, but I’m not sure about morning rush hour. (I’m hoping compared to all the traffic coming into London leaving London shouldn’t be that bad)

Thanks

Unless you live in Hillingdon, and work near Gloucester Green in Oxford,
you're looking at at least an average of 2 hours each way every day - is
that really what you want?

blt_djn@py_.net January 22nd 19 10:17 AM

Oxford tube - Commuting to oxford from London

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 08:01:41 +0000
Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 21/01/2019 21:23, wrote:
Hi there,

Does anybody know if it is doable/plausible to commute from London to

oxford. The oxford tube looks to be a good option since I live west London,
but I’m not sure about morning rush hour. (I’m hoping compared to all the
traffic coming into London leaving London shouldn’t be that bad)

Thanks

Unless you live in Hillingdon, and work near Gloucester Green in Oxford,
you're looking at at least an average of 2 hours each way every day - is
that really what you want?

Indeed. I once had an interview in Reading for a rather good job, but by
the time I'd driven there I knew I wouldn't be taking it. There was no way
either myself or the car could handle that commute each day.

Roland Perry January 22nd 19 11:09 AM

Oxford tube - Commuting to oxford from London

In message , at
13:23:25 on Mon, 21 Jan 2019, remarked:
Hi there,

Does anybody know if it is doable/plausible to commute from London to
oxford. The oxford tube looks to be a good option since I live west
London, but I’m not sure about morning rush hour. (I’m hoping
compared to all the traffic coming into London leaving London
shouldn’t be that bad)

But Oxford is jammed up *inbound* in the morning and *outbound* in the
evening. Where exactly is the job in Oxford?

Arthur Figgis January 22nd 19 09:59 PM

On 22/01/2019 12:09, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
13:23:25 on Mon, 21 Jan 2019, remarked:
Hi there,

Does anybody know if it is doable/plausible to commute from London to
oxford. The oxford tube looks to be a good option since I live west
London, but I’m not sure about morning rush hour. (I’m hoping compared
to all the traffic coming into London leaving London shouldn’t be that
bad)

But Oxford is jammed

Marmalade, surely?

up *inbound* in the morning and *outbound* in the
evening. Where exactly is the job in Oxford?

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK