London Banter

-   -   Pre Pay on buses (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1748-pre-pay-buses.html)

Ian Mellor May 14th 04 07:08 AM

Pre Pay on buses

Yesterday, I made two journeys on a 157 bus and two journeys on a tram using
Pre Pay. I was deducted 70p for each journey and on each occasion the
remaining balance was displayed.
I believe that "fare capping" is not in operation and this seems to be
verified by the fact that the web site shows my balance as £7.20. Whereas I
believe a one day bus pass is currently £2.50.

Ian

Join the Oysercard Forum at
http://www.getfreeforum.com/forums/index.php?mforum=ocf

Paul Corfield May 14th 04 04:50 PM

Pre Pay on buses

On Fri, 14 May 2004 08:08:58 +0100, "Ian Mellor"
wrote:

Yesterday, I made two journeys on a 157 bus and two journeys on a tram using
Pre Pay. I was deducted 70p for each journey and on each occasion the
remaining balance was displayed.
I believe that "fare capping" is not in operation and this seems to be
verified by the fact that the web site shows my balance as £7.20. Whereas I
believe a one day bus pass is currently £2.50.

I refer the honourable gentleman to my post earlier this week on this
subject.

--
Paul C

Richard J. May 14th 04 08:52 PM

Pre Pay on buses

Paul Corfield wrote:

I refer the honourable gentleman to my post earlier this week on
this subject.

Outlook Express interprets rhubarb@domain as a mail address and
produces a shortcut of mailto:rhubarb@domain. It would be more
helpful if you wrote the link as news:rhubarb@domain.

Incidentally, how does your newsreader (Forte Agent) know that it's a
news item and not an e-mail address without having "news:" on the front?
--
Richard J.

Neil Williams May 14th 04 08:56 PM

Pre Pay on buses

On Fri, 14 May 2004 20:52:09 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

Incidentally, how does your newsreader (Forte Agent) know that it's a
news item and not an e-mail address without having "news:" on the front?

Free Agent doesn't do anything with it; it's just displayed as plain
text. I'd just copy and paste it into Google Groups, personally.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To e-mail use neil at the above domain

Paul Corfield May 14th 04 09:09 PM

Pre Pay on buses

wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:

I refer the honourable gentleman to my post earlier this week on
this subject.

Outlook Express interprets rhubarb@domain as a mail address and
produces a shortcut of mailto:rhubarb@domain. It would be more
helpful if you wrote the link as news:rhubarb@domain.

sorry. It worked in Agent so I guess I should have realised it would not
work with anything produced by Microsoft.

Incidentally, how does your newsreader (Forte Agent) know that it's a
news item and not an e-mail address without having "news:" on the front?

No idea - it just asked the question and I clicked on the right option
when I tested it in the post before I sent it to the group.
--
Paul C

Dr Ivan D. Reid May 15th 04 09:31 AM

Pre Pay on buses

On Fri, 14 May 2004 20:56:23 GMT,
Neil Williams
wrote:

Incidentally, how does your newsreader (Forte Agent) know that it's a
news item and not an e-mail address without having "news:" on the front?

Free Agent doesn't do anything with it; it's just displayed as plain
text. I'd just copy and paste it into Google Groups, personally.

...often the best platform/browser-independent option, methinx.
(As a scientist, it often peeves me when people blithely state, "It doesn't
work for me!" when they've asked themselves neither, "Why doesn't it work
for me?" nor, "What options can I try to make it work for me?". But that's
just me -- YMMV.)

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. Room 40-1-B12, CERN

Martin Rich May 15th 04 10:55 AM

Pre Pay on buses

wrote:

Incidentally, how does your newsreader (Forte Agent) know that it's a
news item and not an e-mail address without having "news:" on the front?

Free Agent doesn't do anything with it; it's just displayed as plain
text. I'd just copy and paste it into Google Groups, personally.

Double-click it in the version of Free Agent that I'm using (1.93) and
it will ask you whether it's an e-mail address or a message id

Martin