London Banter

-   -   Been using Oyster Prepay on bus today (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1759-been-using-oyster-prepay-bus.html)

Ian Tindale May 15th 04 07:03 PM

Been using Oyster Prepay on bus today

and it worked! 70p deducted each time, accordion to the oyster reader.
--
Ian Tindale

Kat May 15th 04 08:07 PM

Been using Oyster Prepay on bus today

In message , Ian Tindale
writes
and it worked! 70p deducted each time, accordion to the oyster reader.

Was it a bendibus with the concertina bit in the middle?
(Sorry, couldn't resist)

And talking of Bendibuses, I saw two today on the M25/M11 at around
10.00 this morning and wondered if anyone knew where they might have
been coming from..
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Kat May 15th 04 08:35 PM

Been using Oyster Prepay on bus today

In message , Kat
writes
In message , Ian Tindale
writes
and it worked! 70p deducted each time, accordion to the oyster reader.

Was it a bendibus with the concertina bit in the middle?
(Sorry, couldn't resist)

And talking of Bendibuses, I saw two today on the M25/M11 at around
10.00 this morning and wondered if anyone knew where they might have
been coming from..

Sorry, should have added they were going east on the M25 and south on
the M11 and I assumed were going to take the A12 because they both said
Bank on them.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Paul Corfield May 16th 04 07:41 AM

Been using Oyster Prepay on bus today

On Sat, 15 May 2004 21:35:56 +0100, Kat
wrote:

In message , Kat
writes

And talking of Bendibuses, I saw two today on the M25/M11 at around
10.00 this morning and wondered if anyone knew where they might have
been coming from..

Sorry, should have added they were going east on the M25 and south on
the M11 and I assumed were going to take the A12 because they both said
Bank on them.

Possibly from Evobus at Coventry and going to Stagecoach's Hackney
garage on Waterden Road?
--
Paul C

Paul Corfield May 16th 04 05:44 PM

Been using Oyster Prepay on bus today

On Sun, 16 May 2004 14:53:16 +0100, Barry Salter
wrote:

On Sun, 16 May 2004 08:41:27 +0100, Paul Corfield
wrote:

Possibly from Evobus at Coventry and going to Stagecoach's Hackney
garage on Waterden Road?

Or to Arriva's Edmonton garage in one of the Industrial Estates just off
of Angel Road...

but haven't Arriva received all of theirs for the 149? The ones for the
25 are due for delivery about now while the ones for the 73 are being
built now but are not due for delivery for months yet. Unless, of
course, you know different.
--
Paul C

Kat May 16th 04 10:41 PM

Been using Oyster Prepay on bus today

In message , Barry Salter
writes
wrote:

Possibly from Evobus at Coventry and going to Stagecoach's Hackney
garage on Waterden Road?

Or to Arriva's Edmonton garage in one of the Industrial Estates just off
of Angel Road...

Wouldn't they have been more likely to leave the M25 at Junction 25 for
the A10 in that case?
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Steve Fitzgerald May 17th 04 09:34 AM

Been using Oyster Prepay on bus today

In message , Paul Corfield
writes

Or to Arriva's Edmonton garage in one of the Industrial Estates just off
of Angel Road...

but haven't Arriva received all of theirs for the 149? The ones for the
25 are due for delivery about now while the ones for the 73 are being
built now but are not due for delivery for months yet. Unless, of
course, you know different.

Wasn't it an early delivery for the 73 that expired on the motorway,
adding to the forore about burning bendis?