London Banter

-   -   Crossrail in trouble - again! (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/17627-crossrail-trouble-again.html)

Basil Jet[_4_] April 3rd 19 03:11 PM

Crossrail in trouble - again!

On 03/04/2019 11:47, Graeme Wall wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47787367

"None of the stations are yet finished"

Surprising word order aside, that is staggering. How could every one of
them be running late? Weren't they built by different contractors?

--
Basil Jet - Current favourite song...
Spratleys Japs - Hands (Marc Riley session)

Graeme Wall April 3rd 19 03:19 PM

Crossrail in trouble - again!

On 03/04/2019 15:11, Basil Jet wrote:
On 03/04/2019 11:47, Graeme Wall wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47787367

"None of the stations are yet finished"

Surprising word order aside, that is staggering. How could every one of
them be running late? Weren't they built by different contractors?

I was rather confused by the statement that some sections were now
operating, I assume they were referring to testing, though Paddington -
Reading wasn't included

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Recliner[_3_] April 3rd 19 03:24 PM

Crossrail in trouble - again!

Basil Jet wrote:
On 03/04/2019 11:47, Graeme Wall wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47787367

"None of the stations are yet finished"

Surprising word order aside, that is staggering. How could every one of
them be running late? Weren't they built by different contractors?

Yes. I suspect that once the opening was delayed, they cut back on the
overtime working that would have been required for even the most complete
stations to meet the December 2018 target date. It's cheaper to complete
the stations at a more relaxed pace.

Recliner[_3_] April 3rd 19 03:26 PM

Crossrail in trouble - again!

Graeme Wall wrote:
On 03/04/2019 15:11, Basil Jet wrote:
On 03/04/2019 11:47, Graeme Wall wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47787367

"None of the stations are yet finished"

Surprising word order aside, that is staggering. How could every one of
them be running late? Weren't they built by different contractors?

I was rather confused by the statement that some sections were now
operating, I assume they were referring to testing, though Paddington -
Reading wasn't included

I took it to mean the existing surface sections operated by TfL Rail
labelled 345s.

Graeme Wall April 3rd 19 03:45 PM

Crossrail in trouble - again!

On 03/04/2019 15:26, Recliner wrote:
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 03/04/2019 15:11, Basil Jet wrote:
On 03/04/2019 11:47, Graeme Wall wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47787367

"None of the stations are yet finished"

Surprising word order aside, that is staggering. How could every one of
them be running late? Weren't they built by different contractors?

I was rather confused by the statement that some sections were now
operating, I assume they were referring to testing, though Paddington -
Reading wasn't included

I took it to mean the existing surface sections operated by TfL Rail
labelled 345s.

Are the 345s operating services out of Paddington? The map appears to
show services between there and Slough.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Roland Perry April 3rd 19 04:06 PM

Crossrail in trouble - again!

In message , at 15:11:29 on Wed, 3 Apr 2019,
Basil Jet remarked:
On 03/04/2019 11:47, Graeme Wall wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47787367

"None of the stations are yet finished"

Surprising word order aside, that is staggering. How could every one of
them be running late? Weren't they built by different contractors?

Aren't the ones in Essex finished - Shenfield for example?

Roland Perry April 3rd 19 04:08 PM

Crossrail in trouble - again!

In message , at 15:19:30 on Wed, 3 Apr 2019,
Graeme Wall remarked:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47787367

"None of the stations are yet finished"
Surprising word order aside, that is staggering. How could every one
of them be running late? Weren't they built by different contractors?

I was rather confused by the statement that some sections were now
operating, I assume they were referring to testing, though Paddington -
Reading wasn't included

Shenfield to Liverpool St?

Recliner[_3_] April 3rd 19 04:19 PM

Crossrail in trouble - again!

Graeme Wall wrote:
On 03/04/2019 15:11, Basil Jet wrote:
On 03/04/2019 11:47, Graeme Wall wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47787367

"None of the stations are yet finished"

Surprising word order aside, that is staggering. How could every one of
them be running late? Weren't they built by different contractors?

I was rather confused by the statement that some sections were now
operating, I assume they were referring to testing, though Paddington -
Reading wasn't included

I took it to mean the existing surface sections operated by TfL Rail
labelled 345s.

Are the 345s operating services out of Paddington?

Yes, they have been for some time.

The map appears to show services between there and Slough.

Not yet as far as Slough.

Graeme Wall April 3rd 19 04:44 PM

Crossrail in trouble - again!

On 03/04/2019 16:08, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:19:30 on Wed, 3 Apr 2019,
Graeme Wall remarked:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47787367
Â*"None of the stations are yet finished"
Â*Surprising word order aside, that is staggering. How could every one
ofÂ* them be running late? Weren't they built by different contractors?

I was rather confused by the statement that some sections were now
operating, I assume they were referring to testing, though Paddington
- Reading wasn't included

Shenfield to Liverpool St?

That's on the map, yes.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Graeme Wall April 3rd 19 04:45 PM

Crossrail in trouble - again!

Graeme Wall wrote:
On 03/04/2019 15:11, Basil Jet wrote:
On 03/04/2019 11:47, Graeme Wall wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47787367

"None of the stations are yet finished"

Surprising word order aside, that is staggering. How could every one of
them be running late? Weren't they built by different contractors?

I was rather confused by the statement that some sections were now
operating, I assume they were referring to testing, though Paddington -
Reading wasn't included

I took it to mean the existing surface sections operated by TfL Rail
labelled 345s.

Are the 345s operating services out of Paddington?

Yes, they have been for some time.

The map appears to show services between there and Slough.

Not yet as far as Slough.

Misread the map, it's Hayes and Harlington, before the Heathrow branch
diverges.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.