London Banter

-   -   710 on ELL? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/17630-710-ell.html)

Mike Bristow April 14th 19 07:33 PM

710 on ELL?

On this mornings run, I think I saw a class 710 going over the
canal between Hoxton and Haggerston. (Maybe I misremember, and
it was between Cambridge Heath and London Fields).

But it begs the question: how goes the introduction? Do we
know when they're likely to enter service yet? Are we at the
stage where driver training can start in earnist yet, or are
they still trying to debug all the things?

Cheers,
Mike

--
Mike Bristow

Roland Perry April 15th 19 07:52 AM

710 on ELL?

In message , at 20:33:33 on Sun,
14 Apr 2019, Mike Bristow remarked:
On this mornings run, I think I saw a class 710 going over the
canal between Hoxton and Haggerston. (Maybe I misremember, and
it was between Cambridge Heath and London Fields).

But it begs the question: how goes the introduction? Do we
know when they're likely to enter service yet? Are we at the
stage where driver training can start in earnist yet, or are
they still trying to debug all the things?

On a related note, GN tweeted recently that "Today the third class 717
train entered all-day weekday passenger service on routes to & from
Moorgate." So that explains why they are bit lacking in comfort?

David Walters April 15th 19 10:02 AM

710 on ELL?

On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 20:33:33 +0100, Mike Bristow wrote:
On this mornings run, I think I saw a class 710 going over the
canal between Hoxton and Haggerston. (Maybe I misremember, and
it was between Cambridge Heath and London Fields).

But it begs the question: how goes the introduction? Do we
know when they're likely to enter service yet? Are we at the
stage where driver training can start in earnist yet, or are
they still trying to debug all the things?

ORR conditionally authorised 710s for
passenger use in AC mode on Thursday.
https://orr.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf...2019-04-11.pdf

There seem to be a couple of thing Arriva Rail have to do before they
can run a passenger service though so we aren't quite there yet.

[email protected] April 15th 19 10:14 AM

710 on ELL?

On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 11:02:52 +0100
David Walters wrote:
On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 20:33:33 +0100, Mike Bristow wrote:
On this mornings run, I think I saw a class 710 going over the
canal between Hoxton and Haggerston. (Maybe I misremember, and
it was between Cambridge Heath and London Fields).

But it begs the question: how goes the introduction? Do we
know when they're likely to enter service yet? Are we at the
stage where driver training can start in earnist yet, or are
they still trying to debug all the things?

ORR conditionally authorised 710s for
passenger use in AC mode on Thursday.

If they're only to run on the Goblin, why do they have DC ability too? Will
they ever get sent down to Richmond?

Graeme Wall April 15th 19 11:18 AM

710 on ELL?

David Walters wrote:
On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 20:33:33 +0100, Mike Bristow wrote:
On this mornings run, I think I saw a class 710 going over the
canal between Hoxton and Haggerston. (Maybe I misremember, and
it was between Cambridge Heath and London Fields).

But it begs the question: how goes the introduction? Do we
know when they're likely to enter service yet? Are we at the
stage where driver training can start in earnist yet, or are
they still trying to debug all the things?

ORR conditionally authorised 710s for
passenger use in AC mode on Thursday.

If they're only to run on the Goblin, why do they have DC ability too? Will
they ever get sent down to Richmond?

Do they need it getting to and from depots?

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

David Walters April 15th 19 11:44 AM

710 on ELL?

David Walters wrote:
On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 20:33:33 +0100, Mike Bristow wrote:
On this mornings run, I think I saw a class 710 going over the
canal between Hoxton and Haggerston. (Maybe I misremember, and
it was between Cambridge Heath and London Fields).

But it begs the question: how goes the introduction? Do we
know when they're likely to enter service yet? Are we at the
stage where driver training can start in earnist yet, or are
they still trying to debug all the things?

ORR conditionally authorised 710s for
passenger use in AC mode on Thursday.

If they're only to run on the Goblin, why do they have DC ability too? Will
they ever get sent down to Richmond?

They are also planned to run on West Anglia, NLL, WLL and Watford DC
but I don't think they are needed as urgently there.

Basil Jet[_4_] April 15th 19 12:04 PM

710 on ELL?

David Walters wrote:
On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 20:33:33 +0100, Mike Bristow wrote:
On this mornings run, I think I saw a class 710 going over the
canal between Hoxton and Haggerston. (Maybe I misremember, and
it was between Cambridge Heath and London Fields).

But it begs the question: how goes the introduction? Do we
know when they're likely to enter service yet? Are we at the
stage where driver training can start in earnist yet, or are
they still trying to debug all the things?

ORR conditionally authorised 710s for
passenger use in AC mode on Thursday.

If they're only to run on the Goblin, why do they have DC ability too? Will
they ever get sent down to Richmond?

They are also planned to run on West Anglia, NLL, WLL and Watford DC
but I don't think they are needed as urgently there.

Not the NLL, that's keeping the 378s.

--
Basil Jet - Current favourite song...
Spratleys Japs - Hands (Marc Riley session)

David Walters April 15th 19 12:28 PM

710 on ELL?

David Walters wrote:
On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 20:33:33 +0100, Mike Bristow wrote:
On this mornings run, I think I saw a class 710 going over the
canal between Hoxton and Haggerston. (Maybe I misremember, and
it was between Cambridge Heath and London Fields).

But it begs the question: how goes the introduction? Do we
know when they're likely to enter service yet? Are we at the
stage where driver training can start in earnist yet, or are
they still trying to debug all the things?

ORR conditionally authorised 710s for
passenger use in AC mode on Thursday.

If they're only to run on the Goblin, why do they have DC ability too? Will
they ever get sent down to Richmond?

They are also planned to run on West Anglia, NLL, WLL and Watford DC
but I don't think they are needed as urgently there.

Not the NLL, that's keeping the 378s.

Apparently some of the 710s will be used on the NLL to free up some 378s
for the ELL.

Mike Bristow April 15th 19 05:45 PM

710 on ELL?

In article ,
David Walters wrote:
ORR conditionally authorised 710s for
passenger use in AC mode on Thursday.
https://orr.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf...2019-04-11.pdf

Thanks!

There seem to be a couple of thing Arriva Rail have to do before they
can run a passenger service though so we aren't quite there yet.

Well, if nothing else they have to train the drivers; hopefully
the two can be done in parallel.

Cheers,
Mike

--
Mike Bristow

Recliner[_3_] April 17th 19 06:59 AM

710 on ELL?

Mike Bristow wrote:
In article ,
David Walters wrote:
ORR conditionally authorised 710s for
passenger use in AC mode on Thursday.
https://orr.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf...2019-04-11.pdf

Thanks!

There seem to be a couple of thing Arriva Rail have to do before they
can run a passenger service though so we aren't quite there yet.

Well, if nothing else they have to train the drivers; hopefully
the two can be done in parallel.

Driver training was reported to have started weeks ago, but I don't know if
the software issues got in its way.