London Banter

-   -   Crossrail to be finished without Bond Street 'by March 2021' (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/17641-crossrail-finished-without-bond-street.html)

Basil Jet[_4_] April 25th 19 09:30 PM

Crossrail to be finished without Bond Street 'by March 2021'

Wow. No date announced for Bond Street at all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48054789

--
Basil Jet - Current favourite song...
Spratleys Japs - Hands (Marc Riley session)

Recliner[_3_] April 25th 19 09:37 PM

Basil Jet wrote:

Wow. No date announced for Bond Street at all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48054789

Yes, I knew it was behind the other stations, but I wonder what's gone so
badly wrong?

Roland Perry April 26th 19 05:52 AM

Crossrail to be finished without Bond Street 'by March 2021'

In message , at 22:30:12 on Thu, 25 Apr
2019, Basil Jet remarked:

Wow. No date announced for Bond Street at all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48054789

They obviously think that it won't be ready for the new opening window,
and once trains are running, it's to be expected that progress on
finishing it off will slow down.

Roland Perry April 26th 19 06:05 AM

Crossrail to be finished without Bond Street 'by March 2021'

In message , at 21:37:20 on Thu, 25 Apr
2019, Recliner remarked:
Basil Jet wrote:

Wow. No date announced for Bond Street at all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48054789

Yes, I knew it was behind the other stations, but I wonder what's gone so
badly wrong?

It was reported a couple of weeks ago that they'd used "the wrong type
of concrete" for some of the construction, and implied they were having
to chip that out and replace it.

Recliner[_3_] April 26th 19 06:42 AM

Basil Jet wrote:

Wow. No date announced for Bond Street at all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48054789

Yes, I knew it was behind the other stations, but I wonder what's gone so
badly wrong?

It was reported a couple of weeks ago that they'd used "the wrong type
of concrete" for some of the construction, and implied they were having
to chip that out and replace it.

Ah, I hadn't seen that, perhaps because I was away. It does sound like a
beginner's mistake, hardly to be expected in a flagship project like that.

Rolf Mantel April 29th 19 09:59 AM

Am 26.04.2019 um 08:42 schrieb Recliner:
It was reported a couple of weeks ago that they'd used "the wrong type
of concrete" for some of the construction, and implied they were having
to chip that out and replace it.

Ah, I hadn't seen that, perhaps because I was away. It does sound like a
beginner's mistake, hardly to be expected in a flagship project like that.

Oh, in Germany, "we" made that mistake with the concrete sleepers for
several lines renovated to high-speed standard in the 1990's; they were
happy to renovate Halle-Berlin a second time some 10 years later.